Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

swamp ghost evades me YET again,

Old 10-22-2002, 06:16 PM

Default swamp ghost evades me YET again,

OK imma give you a lil history here about the third day of bow season im hunting this stand overlookin a swamp where i had seen a 130class eight pointer well im settin there and i here limbs breakin and all kinda noise i look around the tree and there is a six point and behind him a huge ten pointer prolly 150class(thats big for wv) anyways he heads right towards me then right as he is coming into range turns and walks away, when im walkin across the field to the truck that night he jumps out 20 yards from me and then runs off, the next day im in the same stand and the eight i had been after steps out, well im thinkin ill never see that big one again, well im wrong there he comes and whoops up on the eight pointer then goes back into the woods, WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLl
Last night im settin there and i here a big herd of deer headed my way and in the end i see that huge rackin comin my way i get ready and he steps out at 30 yards, and for some crazy reason i use my twenty yard pin instead of my thirty well i missed a perfect heart shot by about 2 inches lol he doesnt evne hear it so i nock another one and aim release and it hits a limb, lol now im mad i set down my bow and jsut watched him walk off i took an evenin off today adn concentrated and im goin back tomorrow he is bout 22inches wide real nice mass and is a good 10or 11

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 10-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2002, 07:23 AM

Default RE: swamp ghost evades me YET again,

Good advice Smitty 1. Just let it all calm down and he will be there agian. Oh and it sounds like you have one heck of a spot for a tree stand.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: swamp ghost evades me YET again,

Just talk to him. It'll help calm both of you down.

Dan O.