Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon vs. Aluminum

Old 02-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default Carbon vs. Aluminum

Whats the difference in using either of these arrows. I would think carbon is better because they bend, but i wouldnt really know, i just started bowhunting a year ago.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:06 AM

Default RE: Carbon vs. Aluminum

Oh man. Here we go again.I'm gonna put on my suit of armor now and just observe this go round.

Carbon is generally smaller diameter usually generating more speed and more penetration. But then again, aluminum is heavier creating more momentum thus creating more penetration. Personally, I shoot the best of both worlds, A/C/C.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've still got one ICS style carbon... It evaded me when I was getting ready for theyard sale. [>:]

That's a true story, by the way.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr
Oh man. Here we go again.I'm gonna put on my suit of armor now and just observe this go round.
LOL!!! Popcorn anyone?

Some people swear by aluminums, others love carbon. I shot XX75's for years but now since I am upgrading to a speedy new Reflex bow, I am going carbon.

Old 02-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having shot aluminum shafts for more than 30 years I just went to carbons last year and I'm really happy with my results. I do notice the carbons shoot much faster as I had to raise my pins to allow for the speed. Good luck.

Bobby
Old 02-25-2006, 01:11 PM

I used to shoot aluminum but on calm evenings it seems like carbon are quieter.So now I shoot carbon.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

carbon
Old 02-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

For all around use I think carbon is hard to beat, their are still pros and cons. Perhaps it depends on the use. For example, the top 4 professionals at the Las Vegas shoot all used Easton aluminum X-7 or X-7 cobalt arrows, but then again they were shooting spots at 18 meters, not richocheting them off trees.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot xx75's for 7 years and then switched to carbon's when I got my new bow. I was getting cracks in the arrows just from target shooting. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't see the arrow in flight either. I just pick up a dozen xx75's from the pro shop the other day and am gonna stick with what I know. I also got rid of the whisker bisquit and went back to a prong style rest.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:39 PM

CARBON TOO ITS QUIETER, FASTER AND MORE DURABLE.

Quick Reply: Carbon vs. Aluminum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.