Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

when should i feed my deers

Old 02-23-2006, 05:20 PM

Default when should i feed my deers

.jsp
Old 02-23-2006, 06:43 PM

Default RE: when should i feed my deers

I USE SOME LIKE THOSE AND I TROW AT 6:30 ON THE MORNING AND AT 5:00 AT AFTERNOON AND WORKS FINE SOME TIMES I TROW ALSO AT 1 MIDDAY HOPE THAT WORKS FOR YOU
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Really the best thing you can do is to go to an outdoor store and by like a moultrie feeder kit that is about 30 bucks which will make the feeder go off at dawn and sunset. I hate timers because when the days get shorter and you dont go down huntin for a few weeks it might be feedin after dark.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:18 PM

YEP YOU'RE RIGHT THATS WHY I HAD GOTSOME NEW ONES FROM CABELAS LIKE YOURS AND SOME ARE GRAVITY
ORIGINAL: Patriot15

Really the best thing you can do is to go to an outdoor store and by like a moultrie feeder kit that is about 30 bucks which will make the feeder go off at dawn and sunset. I hate timers because when the days get shorter and you dont go down huntin for a few weeks it might be feedin after dark.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Is feeds mys deers 1 hours afters sunrises and 1 hours befores darks.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:44 PM

After you guys train your deer to be at a certain spot each day, when the season opens is this still called hunting?

What does it feel like after you shoot and kill a deer that is trained in such a manner?

What made you want to usefeeders?

Just curious.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Well Milldot......I didn't hunt ONE DAY over a feeder, last year....but it's called "hunting" around here. Guess what, too.....it's legal.

All hunters need is other "hunters" arguing with them about "ethics".

I've got friends who think it's unethical for a fat-axx to sit in a heated box-blind and shoot deer that are so far away they see the hunter....but don't think he's a threat. Then....they "take" the deer with a 300 yd. rifle shot...and sport their store-bought, canned"trophy" deer on their walls and call themselves "hunters".

I try and not express MY opinions on such ...but I THINK you can see what a slippery slope this is......

Jeff
Old 02-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is illegal to feed deer in NY.

Steve
Old 02-28-2006, 08:01 PM

no its not, its illeagal to hunt over the food u give them but its not illegal at all to feed them so they get big and fat for hunting season and have an easier winter.. who said i was going to use it when i hunt
Old 02-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better check the rules - it is illegal to feed deer. You will be fined or worseif caught.
From the DEC website: http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/wildlife/deer/feedregs.html

What are the restrictions on deer feeding?

Part 189 of Title 6 of the Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York was adopted on July 30, 2003. Part of this rule restricts the feeding of deer.
In New York, it is illegal to feed deer by putting out any material that attracts deer to feed.

The penalty for illegally feeding deer is a violation punishable by a fine of up to $250 and 15 days in jail for each day of the offense. Multiple offenses may result in the revocation of hunting, fishing and/or trapping privileges for up to five years.

Steve

Quick Reply: when should i feed my deers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.