Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SCRAPE BEING ATTACKED---- HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2002, 07:28 AM

Default SCRAPE BEING ATTACKED---- HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

OK HERES THE PICTURE. THERE ARE 3 SCRAPES UNDER THIS OLD OAK TREE THAT IS ABOUT 17 YARDS FROM MY GROUND BLIND. HERES THE PROBLEM.

I STARTED ONE OF THE SCRAPES AND THE OTHER THREE HAVE JUST APPEARED REACENTLY. THE SCRAPE THAT IS THE MOST ACTIVE IS BEING FREQUENTED BY A VERY LARGE BUCK. HE ALWAYS LEAVES HIS PRINT IN THE SCRAPE AND IT HELPS THAT THE SCRAPE IS IS IN A VERY SANDY SOIL.

1- HOW MANY BUCKS DO YOU THINK ARE ATTENDING THESE SCRAPES?

2- DO YOU THINK THAT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE BUCK TENDING THE MOST ACTIVE SCRAPE?

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT I WAS SKILLED IN SCRAPE MANAGEMENT. BUT THIS YEAR I AM LOST WITH ALL THE ACTIVITY THAT I HAVE IN THIS PARTICULAR AREA.

AFTER THE BUCKS MAKE THER MARK I FOLLOW UP WITH MY MARK. USUALLY I CAN PINPOINT THE TRAVEL ROUTES AND THE GENERAL TRAVEL TIMES. NOT THIS YEAR. FOR EXAMPLE YESTERDAY MORNING I TENDED TO THE SCRAPES APPLYING NEW SCENTS(ABOUT NOON). WHEN I RETURNED AT 4:00 HE HAD ALREADY BEEN THERE AND LEFT HIS MARK. THE DEER USUALLY TEND THEIR SCRAPES AT NIGHT. NOW WHAT WAS HE THINKING WHEN HE RETURNED IN THE AFTERNOON.

WELL!!! WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

HUNT ON HUNT HARD EAT WELL
Old 10-22-2002, 01:59 PM

Default RE: SCRAPE BEING ATTACKED---- HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

he was probably watchin you and decided to mess with your head by working the scrape after you left then sat and giggled all afternoon while you sat in the tree,that or its a doe following you around working your scrapes cause she thinks you look good in camo..hehehehe!
good luck i dont hunt scrapes i hunt the does tends to be easier to find a buck that way.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-22-2002, 06:43 PM

Default RE: SCRAPE BEING ATTACKED---- HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I would sit there all day and see what happens