Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funny/Scary Bowhunting Stories

Old 02-19-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Funny/Scary Bowhunting Stories

What are some of your funniest or scariest Bowhunting memories or stories?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:10 PM

Default RE: Funny/Scary Bowhunting Stories

I hunted a new piece of property one year that looked awesome. That said, it went down hill from their. Through the coarse of the season I counted 4 different tresspassers. 12 times 4-wheelers came by me and once somebody was comming to steal my stand, why else would theyhave bolt cutters in hand. They took off before I couldget down. I posted the property and dug huge ditches over 6ft deep and 4ft wide in the old logging roads to stop the 4-wheelers and moved to a new area . This is where it got worse. I climbed up this white pine about an hour before daylight only to find it was a hollar tree full of japaneese hornets. This was a real problem. I sat motionless for 8 hours as to not bother they because I was above their entry hole. Needless to say I did not lease the property anymore.