Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRIBUTE

Old 02-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TRIBUTE

Well, i was just looking on the internet and typed in bowhunting on google. This site popped up bowhunting.net and had product tests on it.
I clicked on the tributes tes out of a possible 90 points it got 86. That is the highest rating he has ever given a bow but a shock to me that the old glory was only .5 behind it but then again it is bowtech. I just thought you might like to see the articles so here is the website http://www.bowhunting.net/
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 PM

Default RE: TRIBUTE

I agree oneshot, If anyone is looking for a new bow they need to look hard at the tribute. I have owned 3 Mathews MQ1, Legacy, and Outback and all are very, very good bows. But..... I like to try the new things and tried the switchback xt, the trykon, and the tribute. After a long sleepless night I purchased the tribute the next day and love it! I will say this,the xt and tribute are almost the same bowas long as you have the smooth mod loaded in the tribute. I cronoed both bows with a 390gr arrow and came up with the xt shooting 284fps and the tribute shooting 292fps. Then I changed the mod out and put the speed mod in and thats when I made up my mind. The tribute shot the same arrow at 301 fps. Thats pretty good pulling only 66lbs. BTW the xt was set at 67lbs. Hope this helps anyone having "sleepless nights"!!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the post. I LOVE MY TRIBUTE!
Old 02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

no problem any one got an old glory out there
that has shot a tribute
Old 02-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

I shot the Switchback XT, Allegiance and Tribute back at the end of January. All three were bare bow except for the rest.To tell the truth, they're the first newer bows that I've shot in 5 years.The XT wasfirst, shot it for about 15 min. and liked it but I could definately feel some shock and vibration in the lower riser. Next was the Allegiance (fast mods.)...it was faster but it didn't feel as good to me at full draw and I could also some vibration in the lower riser. Lastly, I picked the tribute up(also fast mods.). Honestly, I was sold after the first shoot...plenty of speed and absolutely no felt vibration or recoil! I shot it a few more times and then placed an order for a 60lb. tribute with a 28" draw. I haven't got it yet, but have decided to go with a Spot Hogg Hogg It sight and a Muzzy Zero Effect Rest (Next Gen). I can't wait to get her set up! I'm even thinking about chasing around some NY longbeards with it this spring.