Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Old 02-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!

wvOHIOfan I own and operate 2 companies now and am very successful. I was just saying that the customer is always right is a lie plain and simple. I do know that you have to do things to make them happy and all but that doesnt make them right.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:02 AM

Default RE: WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!

I can see both sides of this one.

When running a buisiness, the "we were hunting, that's whywe didn't call you" line just isn't going to cut it. as a owner/employee you have an obligation to consumers that just may take you away from hunting as much as you'd like: you signed up for it, tough $hit.

BUT

As the customer, you need to realize that sometimes, yes sometimes, even the best companies have one fall through the cracks, we're all human. And not having a trail cam isn't exactly the end of the world, Heck, I've got one I don't even use anymore. And to think that just because you are a paying customer everything has to be perfect, for you, everytime, is just unrealistic.

BTW, tanktrunk is right, the "customer is always right" line may work for 16 yr. olds at McDonalds, but in no way does it apply everywhere.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Alright Jason, chime in here somewhere.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:30 PM

man, the way i run my customer service, if someone on AT made a post complaining about my customer service, not only would i publiclyattempt to make things right - and not point fingers- right or wrong - but i'd have to ask my loyal customers not to kill them. that's what good customer service will dofor you.

never would have gotten there with me though. 3 times in 1 week i had people order the wrong lengths. took care of every single person - no charge. i've replaced numerous strings folks messed up learning how to install a peep or whatnot - no charge, cables too from folks letting the press down with a cable untracked - no charge and no grief. its why i have a lot of repeat business and a good rep.

and if ifind out you've got a sick one in the hospital or are having financial issues for another reason - just try and pay, i won't letyou - and there's a couple folks on this board that will surely back me up on that one.

trailcamman, that's how you build a business that lasts. its still america, and it still works. and i think you've publicly mis-treated one of your customers, owe him a public apology, and unless i see it you won't be getting any of my business.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:25 PM

Well guys, I have been incredibly busy (working 10 hour shifts while trying to get in my screen and paper shoots as well as taking care of my sister who just broke her foot and her 2 year old son,I figured that I should reply so here goes.....I actually sent several e-mails through the web-page and posted my correcte-mail address trying to get more information on this problem. The e-mails were never answered therefore I had to call the company. As far as the problem, that is one of the things that I had checked after originally talking to you about this problem via e-mail. The switch was in the correct position then and was never moved, and I still was having the problem with the unit.I hope that it was just a simple mistake on my part, butlike I said, when I originallyhad this problem I made sure the switch was in the correct position and I was stillhaving the unit seeming to work when it wanted to. I have spoke highly of your cameras on the internet for along time know as at the time I thought that it was the best camera being offered on the market, after this though I don't think that I will be suggesting this unit. As far as asking other camera owners for help, that isn't their job and they aren't paid to give advice. If I call Ford and ask them about a problem I am having with my car, I sure as heck don't want them to tell me to talk to another Ford owner about it. I also believe that if I call a company and they tell me that a representative will contact me later that day, somebody should contact me. The last call I made still hasn't been answered (I guess that I got the info I needed from this post and a e-mail that was sent to me weeks after sending the unit in.)

Rick, I purchased the camera in late July 05.