Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Old 02-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!

Wow the guy signed up just to clear his Companys' name. He gave what I feel is a fair and honest explanation, and his explanation, makes perfect sense.

Kudos ...I will check out TrailMacs based on his Customer Service and going the extra mile!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 AM

I agree
Old 02-21-2006, 07:55 AM

That always seems to be the downfall with any great product, poor customer service..and it sucks..thanks, i would appreciate the updates.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Barto1

I would like to take a minute a post areply. I am a (or maybe the) representative for the Company and know who's camera this is referencing and believe the complaint a bit speculative and unfair.

Regarding the lack of response - TSE attends the Eastern Sports, Travel and Outdoor Show in Harrisburge PA each year. The show starts on Feb 4th and continues until Feb 12th (exact dates change each year) - Its 9 - days of long show hours and usually two days of setup/take down.

Given the scope of the show, the office, that is anyone who might competantly answer questions, its at the show assisting the entire two weeks and selling cameras. Show hours average from 8AM to 10PM - at least for us exhibitors.

While we often cannot return phone calls during such short times of the year, we regularly return emails on issues where customers seek an update or require (or want) an immediate response. This is especially true during the months of October and November. While we hunt too (most of the time a long way from the office), we understand many guys focus intensely on trail camera use, often checking emails early morning, afternoon breaks (if we take em) and after dinner.

Since it appears this customer does have access to the internet, he chose not to employ this reliable means of communication. We do regret we could not get back to him as immediately as he might have wanted, but it was posted on our homepage where we were, and the secretaries answering the phone do try to encourage folks to send emails where its possible. Also, the show occurs at a non-critical time of the year where it is generally felt staffing the office is non-critical.

However, I will point out, his exact issue is clearly noted and diagnosed in both the TrailMAC instruction and warranty guide (where it specifically covers the camera turning off and oddly short battery life) as well as on our website under setup tips and then select the model of interest (for those who may need further explantion and/or photos.

It would be nice if folks would check to see if any online help existed, or possibly re-read the instruction guide, or better yet, email the many folks who post photos on the site. Some of these guys are experts, not only using trail cams, but also TrailMACs. These are all options in addition to sending customer service an email. So long as they enter their email address correctly, I have never seen a time when an email wasn't returned within 12-24 hours.

Anyhow, These options have been available for customersfor acouple of years now, simply calling, if an answer is needed in short order is only employing a single means.For those of you who are loyal TrailMAC customers, or are prospective - this is the backstory in this case.
I think they need to get their priorities straight. If you are running a companyand hunting a long ways away from the shop then they need to hire more people that can perform the same tasks to be in the office while the BIG WIG is out hunting.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:37 AM

Sounds like the reps story makes sense but if thats the case then he needs to instruct his receptionist to be more honest. She shouldn't say they will call back when she knows it won't happen. All she would of had to do is say they will not be able to contact you by phone because of the show but if you would like a response faster just email. Then the guy would understand and not get impatiant. Its like droping my car off at the shop. You know thats its still in the same spot but they say we are still loking into it. Then you call back the next day and they say the same thing. Just tell me that you are swamped and will look at it next week so I can not have to worry about it.

Edit: I also forgot to add that it is good for the rep to come on and explain his products and why the slow response, kinda like a public apology. But when he says he knows the case and the proceeds to point the finger back at the costomer that was in bad taste. Any business man knows that no matter how wrong the costomer is you dont tell them, you just swallow and fix fast to make them happy and they will come back. My wife runs a daycar and we go through this all the time its just something you have to do (costomer service). but to take it a step further and go into the guys personal intrest areas like his personal web threads and point the finger at him I feel was uncalled for and shows the mentality of him and the company. Sure make the post and say why you could not get back fast to mend the fence for the guy and potential costomers, but its YOUR fault you were not staffed to go to the show, not the guys. Its YOUR fault your receptionist could not be honest and tell the guy "sorry sir your not getting any help for two weeksbecause..." I sure you left with instructions for her on how to answer the phone. If I was the guy and read this pesonal attack I would call the credit card company and tell them about an unauthorized transaction and then throw the cam awayeven ifit is fixed and go to his competitor for products.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

While the decision by the rep/owner to come here and defendTrailMac is an honorable one, there is no excuse for poor customer service, regardless of the time of year. It is TrailMac's responsibility to service the product after it is sold. To say that simply " calling us on the phone, isn't enough " is ridiculous. I can assure you that if the roles were reversed and TrailMac was expecting payment from a customer, they would have no problems finding either the staffing or the time to do so, no matter the time of year.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Prior to NAFTA, I'd agree - TSE would love to have more folks on a full time basis. If you knew how much GSM paid per unit on their stealth cam units, you'd throw-up. Let alone their digitals. If TSE made that much margin on our units, staffing would not even be a consideration.

We are forced to stream line everything because we choose to use US companies and do US manufacturing. Just look at whats happening in Detroit with GM and Ford. These things happen faster with much smaller companies, but the root of the problem is still there. Even with this being said, you call us on Christmas Day and place an order.

We have just chosen to stream line and keep high US quality products. The alternative is not really an alternative in the mind of this company.

We've been in business for 6-years building trail cameras. No company can make everyone happy all the time. You can search high and low on the net and you'll find very few unhappy complaints. They are however unavoidable. I believe we have one from a guy (somewhere) who ran over their cam with his truck. He did expect a new repalcement - afterall - it was still under warranty. Needless to say, he paid to have it fixed and left a post to that affect.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

I understand your company is small, but you're missing the point I'm trying to make here. If you have a person answering the phone on behalf of your company ( the secretary he spoke of in his post ) , then that person should should not onlybe equipped with the knowledge to answer a customers questions, but she should also honor promises that are made ( such as a call back ) . When she failed to do this ( honor a made promise )she left your company with a black eye and if I were in the original posters shoes, I'd havebeen upset as well. I'd guess that being in business for yourself you've heard this phrase before... ' the customer is always right '. My suggestion to you is to take a long, hardlook at who is answering the phones while you're away.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

wvOHIOfan when you say the customer is ALWAYS right that is one of the biggest lies that there is. They may be paying and all but they are not always right. They just think they are.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Tanktruck,
If I ever open a retail establishment I know whoWONT be managing it for me. You.

On a brighter note, I checked out TrailMacs site. They look to have atop-notch product and the quality of the pictures that the customers were posting were fantastic.

Quick Reply: UPDATE::WARNING!!! Trail Sense Engineering!! WARNING!!UPDATE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.