Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Fever?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:24 PM

Default RE: Buck Fever?

. I can see it all in my mind like I'm watching a movie. I even mentally visualize the moment the arrow hits the deer and watch it run off.
I did that once and cought myself falling out of the tree as I woke up.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

where abouts in MI did u used to live??
Old 02-14-2006, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: whitecloudhunter

where abouts in MI did u used to live??
Near the Jackson area. Little town called Brooklyn. You nascar fans might know of it. Its where the Michigan International Speedway is. I was about 2 miles from the track.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Happens to everyone at some point. When I was much younger and it happened to me, for practice I began running wind sprints in my backyard and then shooting my bow while shaking and out of breath. After several weeks of that I finally started focusing on the shot and the shaking and breathing became managable. If you don't get excited about taking a shot, well it might be time to be doing something else.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Let me tell ya everybody gets buck fever. If you dont you prolly dont have the love of the game.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: rcgerchow

Happens to everyone at some point. When I was much younger and it happened to me, for practice I began running wind sprints in my backyard and then shooting my bow while shaking and out of breath. After several weeks of that I finally started focusing on the shot and the shaking and breathing became managable. If you don't get excited about taking a shot, well it might be time to be doing something else.
Thats excellent advice. I will try that this summer to get ready for next season. TY
Old 02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Before this year i didn't believe in buck fever, but ever sinse i have shot my first buck i can't help but shiver when i see a buck. When i got my buck i can remember seeing it stand in front of me about 20 yards, and i can also remember seeing the arrow connect with the deer. But i have no memory of pullingthe arrow backand placing my pin on it. After i made the shot i was shaking so much that i felt like i was dancing.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

My user name says it all!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 PM

Buckfever is a killer let me tell ya that! If you never get it you don't have the love for the sport.......
Old 02-14-2006, 09:23 PM

95% of the bowhunters in the world will admit to having suffered "buck fever"...the other 5% will lie about it!

Quick Reply: Buck Fever?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.