Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Southern WI Hunt Questions

Old 10-21-2002, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Southern WI Hunt Questions

Hey you guys that hunt down by Mad-town. I've been invited to hunt in Unit 76M this weekend coming up. Can someone give me the lowdown on this area? I believe it is Zone T, but it is also an Intensive kill zone? Is it doe only this weekend or earn-a-buck? Are tags free and where to get them? My buddy has tags. Can I use his tags?
I hate this. The regs are different depending on which part of the state you are in.
Thank you.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: Southern WI Hunt Questions

In 71CWd you can get your tags at a check station. When they give you the free yellow tags the clerk is suppose to fill in your DNR number. You are suppose to get a max of four of these. There are other rules for the earn a buck. Basically you can use a yellow tag if both deer are together. The scenario that I have used was when I registered my doe they gave me a blue/green buck tag. Good luck, I will be eating my deer, since I am only 4-5 miles from being out of the management zone. I am not getting it tested, I deboned it myself. What will you do?

Old 10-22-2002, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Southern WI Hunt Questions

I'll take it and bone it out myself. Then have brats and sticks made.
I called the DNR center down in Plymouth and they said that tags are available free. You get 4 yellow tags. It is zone T, but it is still earn-a-buck. So after shooting a doe, I can shoot a buck.