Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2006, 05:22 PM

Default RE: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think you should check with the landowner,If he wasn't permitted to be there you think he'd taken your camera.Someone that doesn't pay attention to land permitsprobably wouldn't hesitate to steal.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Deer hunter 18 where are you from, those look like the woods behind my house..
Old 02-11-2006, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

I've never read your book either but I've heard that quote from the Tresspasser's Bible many times.

Heard it from yellow root theives, poachers, mushroom hunters and ginseng theives. Heard it from timber thieves and PETAr heads too.
I think my character was just assaulted by association!? How (not very) interesting!

Has anyone here ever just gone for a walk in the woods? With no agenda but to be there and see what is there?

I'm not making an excuse for tresspassing, which is by definition for our purposes here the act of wrongfully entering the property of another. I'm just saying that if no other transgretion has occured, then perhaps we don't need to jump to the worst of conclusions.

If someone doesn't want people on his land, he posts it, and the majority of us law abiding folks will obey his wishes and stay off.

While on my walks that I often take, I have come accross property that has been posted ILLegally by people who do NOT own it. You can usually tell by the manner in which it is done. In several of these cases, I DID locate the property owner and notify them of the posting or of the problem with the manner in which they have done it.

And are they root thieves that are yellow themselves, or are they thieves of yellow roots?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:22 AM

Uh-oh...Has anybody heard from deer-hunter18 in the last couple days? I thought that guy in the picture looked like that serial-killer that escaped from the state hospital!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:42 AM

Nope i am good, i went and talked to him. He was very understanding. He then asked me if i had seen the big 10 point that had been walking around, i told him no i hadn't even though i have about 40 pictures of him. He said that he will stay off of the land, i told him that i had 7 trail cams out there and he said that he never even saw any of them. I really only have 1 but i thought that that would kind of make him stay away. We were both really polite to each other. Hopefully he stays out of there.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:52 AM

Just because someone is one the land doesn't mean he's doing something illegal. Just relax before you jump to conclusions. He did't steal or damage anything so no harm done, right? Unless you're afraid he'll find a shed or something.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 AM

Applause for DH18!

Did he happen to mention what he was doing out there btw?

He obviously knew you had at least one camera out there anyhow.

Anyone want to lay odds that Deer-hunter18 gets another pic of him in the next 12 months? I've got a dollar that says he'll be back out there after the next snow.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

He still should not be on property that is not his without permission.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! The defination of TRESSPASSING is being on someone elses land, not stealling something from someones land that is theft. The guys said that he is looking for the antlers of a big 10 pointer that he has seen a few times. It is the same one that i am after, i have about 40 pictures of it. He will be back, i can almost gaurentee it.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! The defination of TRESSPASSING is being on someone elses land, not stealling something from someones land that is theft. The guys said that he is looking for the antlers of a big 10 pointer that he has seen a few times. It is the same one that i am after, i have about 40 pictures of it. He will be back, i can almost gaurentee it.
Next year shoot the monster dead with your bow instead of the camera. You'll recover the antlers much faster.

Quick Reply: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.