Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simmer down stud[8D]
Old 02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

That stinks, and I know the guy was up to no good but honestly, it could be worse - your camera could be gone.

He definetely is trespassing, so I would simply go visit the guy. Maybe there was a plasuible explanation he was on your property such as a missing dog, cat, etc. Or maybe he was up to no good...but I would confront him and determine why he was trespassing.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Trembow

ORIGINAL: saltflat

Are you telling me that some of you ( no names ) will go onto property that isnt yours just to take a walk.
Sure! I mean I wouldn't walk through someones farm field or their back yard, but in many parts of the world, unless you're an engineer with a plot plan of the entire town, there is no way of knowing whose property you are on. IF it's LEGALLY posted (including name and address of landowner), obviously not without their permission.....okay, probably not.
I've never read your book either but I've heard that quote from the Tresspasser's Bible many times.

Heard it from yellow root theives, poachers, mushroom hunters and ginseng theives. Heard it from timber thieves and PETAr heads too.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: janesburg

ORIGINAL: 121553

I think you may be assuming too much. Maybe its just joe blow looking for his dog.

Bobby
I don't care what he might belooking for. Get permission BEFORE going on private property. Put yourself in deer-hunter18 shoes. He must be in good standing withthe land owner to let him do what he sees fit. However he got that trust he EARNED it. Now he has to worry about this clown hunting or evensmashing his camera.Thats crap!!
Pure specualation and asumptions. Maybe this guy was looking for his child, but you don't know what his intend was and all you aredoing is assuming the worse. Good day.

Bobby
Old 02-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: janesburg

I think you may be assuming too much. Maybe its just joe blow looking for his dog.

Bobby
I don't care what he might belooking for. Get permission BEFORE going on private property. Put yourself in deer-hunter18 shoes. He must be in good standing withthe land owner to let him do what he sees fit. However he got that trust he EARNED it. Now he has to worry about this clown hunting or evensmashing his camera.Thats crap!!
Pure specualation and asumptions. Maybe this guy was looking for his child, but you don't know what his intend was and all you aredoing is assuming the worse. Good day.

Bobby
He stated that the land owner has had problems with this guy before. With thoseFACTS I can't give the tresspasser the benifit of the doubt that he may be looking for a kid, dog,or anything for that matter.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wait witheager anticipationfor the conclusion of this spell bounding thriller! Keep us posted!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find it intresting if this guy has the land posted every 35 yards and still has other tresspassers in there. It seems like the owner really doesn't care other than you and I can understand your position wanting to hunt it but it appears the owner doesn't want to be bothered by you informing him of all the tresspassers. The concret jungle is spreading like a cancer, I've lost some hunting turf also in my life. I'd be scouting eslewhere. Good luck.

Bobby
Old 02-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you post the pic of him coming up to your cam??

If you have the same guy on your cam twice , once walking by like the pic you posted , and again coming up to the cam , you may want to be extremely polite to him , and even thank him , for not stealing your camera.

Most hunters never get to see that pic of someone walking up to their cam , simply because the person walking up to it is now the owner of a stolen game cam.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry I didn't know it was private land. Na j/k. Put a trip wire up and get some really funy pics!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:37 PM

Most hunters never get to see that pic of someone walking up to their cam , simply because the person walking up to it is now the owner of a stolen game cam.

Yea I know that…I had my camera stolen last week, I only had it since Christmas and only a few photos from it too. I’m convinced it must have been people riding 4 wheelers that didn’t want to be caught trespassing. I also lost a 128 mb memory card in it. Needless to say I am quite mad. I'm just glad you didn't get robbed like I did.

Tom

Quick Reply: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.