Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2006, 11:51 AM

Default RE: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you telling me that some of you ( no names ) will go onto property that isnt yours just to take a walk. I am sorry but in my book that is wrong. It takes you 10 mins to go ask the landowner for permission, plus doesn't sound a little weird, what were you doing on my property ohh just taking a hike. Sounds like crap to me. The point is, that guy shouldn't have been there, so he hikes thru it now what if he does it during hunting season who knows he might be scoutin the area out for next season. He might have seen that buck you posted pics of.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

Just got back from the subdivision. Trust me i posted the property for the land owner and there are signs everywhere. I think i know who it was, and if so there is 2 signs right behind his house. I will be paying the guy a little vist and ask some questions, the landowner has had problems with him before.
Seems to me that 1) it's not really your place to say anything to him. If it needs attention, give the landowner the pic and let him handle it with the authorities 2) If you put two signs behind his house he must border the land. Does he have a dog that he may have been looking for? Maybe he has young children that are playing outside and just wondered into the woods and he's looking for them? there could be a few other valid reasons why he is out there on "your" private land. 3) It could really "SUCK" if he had taken your camera, but the onlyclaim you have is that he is walking around on land that is not yours. He must have some ethics since he left your camera....
I'm not trying to defend him and do not condone trespassing but before you go and jump to conclusions and react to a potential bad situation, give it some thought.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: saltflat

Are you telling me that some of you ( no names ) will go onto property that isnt yours just to take a walk.
Sure! I mean I wouldn't walk through someones farm field or their back yard, but in many parts of the world, unless you're an engineer with a plot plan of the entire town, there is no way of knowing whose property you are on. IF it's LEGALLY posted (including name and address of landowner), obviously not without their permission.....okay, probably not.

I am sorry but in my book that is wrong.
Well I haven't read your book, but it sounds awfully boring.

In this specific case it sounds, after many modifications to the story, that someone has trespassed on reportedly properly posted land. That's both wrong and illegal.

However, many people in this world have large or not so large tracts of land on which they don't mind people trapsing about on for various reasons.

Think about it, if everyone thought that way, then there would be Billions of acres available for hunters, with room for all to spread out and shoot spikes, or not shoot spikes.... There would be peace and tranquility... Peta members would share a burger with Ted Nugent!

Everybody sing! Cumbaya my lord...Cumbaya....

Old 02-10-2006, 12:40 PM

Well the landowner lets me and only me on his property to do what ever i please. He lets me because it is idiots like this that just walk around on peoples property, that is tresspassing. He told me that if i see anyone on his land that i am supposed to do what i think is right. So many people tresspass on this land that if i called him everytime we would both get sick of it. I know for a fact who this guy is, and yes confronting him is my plan. But i am not just going to go up to him and tell him that he was tresspassing. I will ask him questions, like do you know who owns that land, because i would like to try to get permission to hunt it. If he says he does i will then ask if he has permission to go onto the property because i wouldn't want to infringe on his hunting property. If he says no then i take out the picture and say then why did you walk right past my camera. BUSTED. I will then politely tell him that if he is seen on the land again that i will notify the proper athority about it. Then i will turn and walk away. Some of you guys jump to conclusions. do you think that by me saying that i am going to go confront him that i am going to try to play big man and try to beat him up, that is not how i work i reason with people.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

Well the landowner lets me and only me on his property to do what ever i please. He lets me because it is idiots like this that just walk around on peoples property, that is tresspassing. He told me that if i see anyone on his land that i am supposed to do what i think is right. So many people tresspass on this land that if i called him everytime we would both get sick of it. I know for a fact who this guy is, and yes confronting him is my plan. But i am not just going to go up to him and tell him that he was tresspassing. I will ask him questions, like do you know who owns that land, because i would like to try to get permission to hunt it. If he says he does i will then ask if he has permission to go onto the property because i wouldn't want to infringe on his hunting property. If he says no then i take out the picture and say then why did you walk right past my camera. BUSTED. I will then politely tell him that if he is seen on the land again that i will notify the proper athority about it. Then i will turn and walk away. Some of you guys jump to conclusions. do you think that by me saying that i am going to go confront him that i am going to try to play big man and try to beat him up, that is not how i work i reason with people.
IMO you don't have to trick him by telling him you would like to get permission to hunt. If you are SURE it is him, confront him on it. Don't even beat around the bush. Hopefully, he gets the point and you can trust your camera to stay there. But, if the landowner has had problems with him before, then I would take your evidence to the DNR.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:53 PM

"Some of you guys jump to conclusions. do you think that by me saying that i am going to go confront him that i am going to try to play big man and try to beat him up, that is not how i work i reason with people. "

You are jumping to conclusions as I never said you were going to use physical intimidation.

But let me ask you this - If this guy is trespassing and he doesn't seem to care what the landowner or you thinks, what do you think his state of mind will be when you confront him? Because in his mind, that may be what he perceives you to be doing - confronting him -no matter how nicely you explain things to him.

He may not be thinking reasonably. And maydecide to try andphysically harm you.

Have you thought about bringing the photos to the local CO - along with a written letter from the landowner saying that this guy is trespassing. They could visit with the guy or give him a phonecall and let him know the next time he trespasses they will take action against him.

And before anyone starts knocking COs, I know plenty that consider trespassing a bad thing and will take action if presented with the proper evidence. There are always two sides to every story when people go off on a rant about how COs do nothing to help them.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you may be assuming too much. Maybe its just joe blow looking for his dog.

Bobby
Old 02-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 121553

I think you may be assuming too much. Maybe its just joe blow looking for his dog.

Bobby
I don't care what he might belooking for. Get permission BEFORE going on private property. Put yourself in deer-hunter18 shoes. He must be in good standing withthe land owner to let him do what he sees fit. However he got that trust he EARNED it. Now he has to worry about this clown hunting or evensmashing his camera.Thats crap!!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Hey deer-hunter18 sucks to see idiots wandering around your hunting area. I know how you feel i was hunting on my grandpas farm and some idiot came down the trail i was hunting on a freakin horse. Needless to say i had a few words with him.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: chucker34

"Some of you guys jump to conclusions. do you think that by me saying that i am going to go confront him that i am going to try to play big man and try to beat him up, that is not how i work i reason with people. "

You are jumping to conclusions as I never said you were going to use physical intimidation.

But let me ask you this - If this guy is trespassing and he doesn't seem to care what the landowner or you thinks, what do you think his state of mind will be when you confront him? Because in his mind, that may be what he perceives you to be doing - confronting him -no matter how nicely you explain things to him.

He may not be thinking reasonably. And maydecide to try andphysically harm you.

Have you thought about bringing the photos to the local CO - along with a written letter from the landowner saying that this guy is trespassing. They could visit with the guy or give him a phonecall and let him know the next time he trespasses they will take action against him.

And before anyone starts knocking COs, I know plenty that consider trespassing a bad thing and will take action if presented with the proper evidence. There are always two sides to every story when people go off on a rant about how COs do nothing to help them.
Try is the key word in that statement.

Quick Reply: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.