Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2006, 09:16 AM

Default RE: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Do you think he was just hiking in the woods maybe?
Its private property.
Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Do you think he was just hiking in the woods maybe?
Its private property.
Yea so what. Most land in America is private property. I take walks all over in the woods. Doesn't mean he was there to steal it. You never said anything of the sort. Only that he was right beside it. He may have just been curious. That's all I asked.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:22 AM

Sorry but i respect peoples property and i dont just take walks on property that i dont have permission on. There are No Tresspassing signs ever 35 yards on the boarder of the property. I am going to take a little drive to the subdivision back behind the property to see what i can find out.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I say kill him.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry but i respect peoples property and i dont just take walks on property that i dont have permission on. There are No Tresspassing signs ever 35 yards on the boarder of the property. I am going to take a little drive to the subdivision back behind the property to see what i can find out.
See now, there's more of the puzzle you never stated. Then again perhaps next to the subdivision there aren't any signs. I can tell you, I've been thrown out of some really good areas. Most were federal properties. My favorite was National Geographic Nature perserve. When the ranger pulled up I new something was wrong. We chatted for about 15mins had a couple of good laughs and I was on my way.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:35 AM

Those dang fieldmice. . .I can't ever seem to get rid of those things. . .always trespassing.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:36 AM

Being posted property is a slightly different story, but as suggested, it is possible that the guy entered on a side that isn't properly or legally posted.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:39 AM

Just got back from the subdivision. Trust me i posted the property for the land owner and there are signs everywhere. I think i know who it was, and if so there is 2 signs right behind his house. I will be paying the guy a little vist and ask some questions, the landowner has had problems with him before.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be pissed off too, but it's really not your place to confront the guy seeing that it is not your land. It's the landowners resposibility. You need to talk to the owner and see what he wants to do. He can have him prosecuted, or executed, if he wants.Of course he may try to get revenge if he is arrested. I would talk it over with the landowner first. He may want you to take care of the situation. Be careful though, some people think it's there right to be anywhere they please. Just dig a deep pit and put spikes in the bottom and..., well you better not do that.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:49 AM

First, I would be hard pressed to call this guy a trespasser unless I knew the landowner hadn't given him permission. Signs or no, signs, if the landowner gave him permission, he has just as much right to be there.

Second, I wouldn't go confronting someone who you aren't certain is the person on your camera.

Third, I'd agree that its the landowner's responsibility to talk to the guy(if you know for certain who it is and he doesn't have permission)- or at the very least, delegate that responsibility to you. You wouldn't want to lose your right to hunt the land because you ticked him off.

I'm not trying give creedance to trespassers here, because this guy very well could be. But the best way to handle such a situation is to slow down and do your homework before taking action. It could save a lot of face and help you avoid the possibility of physical harm and/or legal action.

Just look at what happened in Wisconsin. Things can get out of control quickly. It's just not worth dying for.

Quick Reply: This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.