Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is the best hoyt????????

Old 02-07-2006, 02:42 PM

Default what is the best hoyt????????

i whant a new hoyt but wich one is beater the trykon ,vipertec ,havotec ,or the ultratec . and i am deer hunting?????????
Old 02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what is the best hoyt????????

By sales numbers it would be the Trykon.

I am afraid I can't tell you which one is "best" though, only you can answer that my friend.

Best of luck finding the one that is just right for you.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

WEll, that is a tough question. The ViperTec is super short ATA so if you are strictly hunting, it would be easily used up in the tree. The Trykon is a sweet rig, great hunting and target bow, and they are definetely selling a ton. I'm not certain the havotec is still being made. And the UltraTec is possibly the one that I am going to get. I ned the longer ATA to get the desired draw length, and this bow is very nice for both hunting and target, and some great speeds with this one too. Pretty sure I didn't answer the question though...sorry
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hello deerkiller123
I am also considering a Hoyt. I have narrowed it down to the ProTec and the UltraTec. The only difference that I can see is that the ProTec has an inch longer brace height. They both have more or less the same speeds. I was at the bow shop today and I can tell you that that I do not like the feel of the Trykon. But then different strokes ya know. I am deer hunting only as well. Check out the thread "help me pick between the two" on the archerytalk.com.
Don
Old 02-07-2006, 03:24 PM

the best one would be the one that you feel the best holding and shooting. sales and what other people think means nothing for the longest time i shot a pse that was not very popular then a cheaper browning. they to me where both great bows and a took many deer with both. go shoot them and pick the one that feels best.

does not hurt to ask people what the think but at the end of the day it will b you paying for and shooting the bow
Old 02-07-2006, 03:48 PM

what is the best hoyt?????????
Answer: The one that you own.

A buddy of mine has the ViperTec, he loves it. It's quiet, smooth, all that. But then again, so is EVERY Hoyt made with the Cam 1/2. The Trykon is good, but it has it's downfalls. The drawlength isn't adjustable and IMO they are stiffer to pull. BUT, they are great bows.
Personally, I would have to say that the UltraTec is as good as it gets. But, it's longer ATA, and that may not be for you. There are lots of factors that go into which one you want.
The best advice I can give, go to the pro shop and shoot every one of them hanging on the wall. One of them there will fit you better than all the rest.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:50 PM

There all good,but only one is the best for you.Make sure you shoot them
all before buying if you can.
Enjoy the process.[&:]
Old 02-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

just pick the opne that fits you best you may want to look outside of the hoyt brand into other brands
Old 02-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

The one you can afford...
Old 02-07-2006, 04:33 PM

I, personally, think the Hoyt Trykon are the BEST BY FAR out of any bow, beside the Switchback. But the Trykon is my personal fav.

Quick Reply: what is the best hoyt????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.