Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is is worth it?

Old 02-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is is worth it?

I have an 03 single cam bowtech patriot and i love it but i'm looking at the tribute. Is the tribute more better to where i should get one? What do ya'll think?
Old 02-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Is is worth it?

Only you can decide if it's worth it. If you shoot the single cam good then I'd say keep it for a while. If you can't shoot it worth a darn or you THINK you can't shoot it, then get the tribute. Either way your keeping/buying a great bow andeither will serve you well....if you do your part.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:40 PM

I have a 03 single cam Patriot as well and I went to the shops last year to check out the new Bowtech lineup. Like every year I had heard so many good things that I thought what the heck. Man am I glad I took my Patriot to shoot side by side to compare. The differences were minimal at best and in fact I liked my Patriot better in many areas. I saw no reason to even consider replacing the Patriot. The Allegience was probably a few fps faster but nothing worth getting excited over.

Having said that I will go and shoot the new line again this year and see if they knock my socks off........If not I will gladly tote my Patriot for another year......or until somethin worthwhile comes along.

That is in no way an insult to the newer bows but when you already own a Patriot it is like trading in a Corvette for another Corvette. If you are looking for an amazing difference I would say you will probably be disappointed. The Switchback was the best bow I shot last year and if it had been a lot faster I may have considered it.

Make sure you take your current bow with you and shoot them side by side........it should be easy to see pretty quick if there is enough difference for it to be worth your while.

I don't hear too much from a lot of the guys that were simply drooling over how great the Allegience was last year........and even less from Liberty owners, LX, Icon, Outback etc......these were all bows that guys were saying were the best thing since sliced bread........and now no one even mentions them. Next year no one will be talking about the Tribute or Switchback ST unless they continue the names and tweak them a little. The newest bows will always be a hot topic with a certain crowd.....and there is definately nothing wrong with that. Truth be told we could all use the current bows we have right now until we are too old to draw them with no problems........but what fun would that be

If it is worth it to you........that is all that matters. I will do the same when I finally get around to shooting them.

Good Luck and give a report of your findings when you go shoot them.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Patriot is an awsome bow ,so I'd say stick with it ,but only you can possibly know whether it's worth it or not .The Tribute from what I'm hearing is awsome ,but to lay down the extra cash ,I don't know but if you like enough your gut feeling will tell you whether it's worth it or not.

nubo
Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also shoot an 03 single cam Patriot. Like everybody I looked at the new stuff thinking I wanted one. What I found in handling those bows is that while everybody rants about how "smooth" they are they are in fact not as smooth as my Patriot. Matter of fact the owner of a shop where I checked out a Trykon and a Tribute quietly admitted the same thing. The thing about speed is that usually to get more you have to give something up. I do love the adjustability and speed of the Tribute, its a beautiful bow and I'm not saying they are not quieter and vibration free at the shot and of course faster. But I have an STS on my Pat and for the 30 yds and under shots I will take hunting with it I won't benefit enough with the increased speed. Honestly the next smoothest drawing bow I have handled is the Switchback but I consider it about the same as my Patriot. If I had the money I would probably buy a Tribute but definitely keep my Patriot as well.