Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Problems w/BowTech Tribute

Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Problems w/BowTech Tribute

Has anyone had any problems w/the Tribute?
I've had mine for about 6 weeks now, and I've noticed a few things:
1. The grip feels "hollow" at the bottom. I noticed it making a popping sound when I held the bow by the grip (while walking to the target to retrieve arrows). I tapped the grip w/my finger, and it just sounds hollow towards the bottom. It also seems loose...I can see it moving when I push it back and forth with my thumbs.
2. The cams come "lose" after about 80 shots or so. Nothing major, I just have to tighten them w/an allen wrench fairly frequently.
3. I can't seem to get the accuracy w/this bow that I had with my Switchback. Maybe its because of the grip being lose? Any other thoughts?
I love the bow - it's CRAZY fast and QUIET - but I just can't get comfortable/confident with it....
Any suggestions???
Thanks!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:11 PM

Default RE: Problems w/BowTech Tribute

explain the problem to your dealer they should take care of you. my tribute is the most accurate bow i have ever owned very pleased
Old 02-06-2006, 08:15 PM

Dealer will help you out. Loctite on the cam screws. The grip is put on with some double faced tape. Sounds like it need to be reapplied. Get thet squared away and youll be shooting great.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

When you go to your dealer check out another Tribute to see if the handle feel's the same,I'm guessing it won't so it should be covered under warranty ,and for the cam's coming lose ,just take some blue Loc tite and secure thos screw's and they won't come lose on you anymore .Use the Blue Loc-Tite not the red.

nubo
Old 02-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My last 2 bowtechs have come with loose grips. The first one I removed (screwed on job)and placed more 2 sided tape underneath it. The latest I pried out somewhat and filled the void with clear RTV silicone sealant. ThenI let it back down to the riser and cleaned off the excess before it dried. This took out the hollow fealing and it no longer flexes at the edges.

Fun stuff to do to a $650.00 bow, twice [:-].

Sorry about your accuracy. I've got my eye out for Tribute issues and yours looks to be the first I've come across.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tarheel Hunter, the guys above hit the nail on the head as far as your module screws; the factory doesn't loc-tite them down to facilitate the interchangeability of the modules between the fast and smooth versions by the end user; once he decides what he wants, he can loc-tite them down as per the instructions in the owner's manual. (Don't worry, I didn't do it either when I first got mine and scared myself to death the first time I heard a metallic chink on the release. I too tightened the screws up and all was fine.)

As far as the grip goes, I'm not sure... both the grips on my new Tribute and Allegiance are rock-solid. If you've got a good dealer, I guess I'd take it back there and have him look at it. It definitely shouldn't have any play in it.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

as far as the mods getting loose, put some wax on the threads. As far as accuracy.....I don't know I shoot mine better than any other bow I've shot and have shot a couple of 450/450.....As far as the grip goes, it's gotta be your hand placement that's making the hollow pop.....try putting your palm flat and leaving your hand open. See what happens.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

try putting your palm flat and leaving your hand open.
That will cause left right torque.

Your knuckles need to be at a 45 degree angle down and away from the grip.

Something like this.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 AM

Bling Bling