Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What brand of arrows?

Old 02-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What brand of arrows?

I would suggest for the new hunter-shooter to pick up some not too expensive carbon arrows. They are so durable. The new shooter will typicly make many mistakes and put the arrow into something hard (shed, fence, trees....) or even sometimes miss a target or two (or three, or many). So go cheep your first dozen and when you get better go with a quality arrow.
Good luck
I use Carbon Express.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 AM

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1411915&mpage=2

Also check out page 1.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been shooting Beman ICS Hunters. I have had very good results with them.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:59 AM

I use Gold-Tip Hunter Expedition.There relatively cheap and from my experiences with them do quite well.Plus there relatively cheap at my local archery shop there like 60 a dozen.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon Express CX 300's for about 3 years now and couldent be happier.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Blackhawk Vapor Pro Series arrows. They are inexpensive as far as most carbon shafts go, they are tough, and I hit the X ring as long as I'm doing my part.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I am going to check these brands out this week and maybe spring for them this weekend. As well, I have another question, I am shooting some carbon arrows my pal gave me to get started with and he warned me that they are longer than what I will be sized for due to his draw being longer than mine. I have shot 2wice with them and have noticed they look like they fly erratically and hit the target at various angles. I dont think they should do this and I am guessing it is due to them being too long and flexing while being launched. Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2006, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: ejpaul1

Well, I am going to check these brands out this week and maybe spring for them this weekend. As well, I have another question, I am shooting some carbon arrows my pal gave me to get started with and he warned me that they are longer than what I will be sized for due to his draw being longer than mine. I have shot 2wice with them and have noticed they look like they fly erratically and hit the target at various angles. I dont think they should do this and I am guessing it is due to them being too long and flexing while being launched. Any ideas?

I believe its more on the length of the arrow not being right, than the shooter. I assume you are following through when you shoot, so with that being in mind, check your arrow rest for loose parts, and when you finally get your length of appropriate arrow size, then you can do some accuracy checking.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:30 PM

Either the arrow is too long creating a spine that is too weak, or you simply need to tune your bow. When you decide what arrows to get, tune your bow to those arrows.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:20 PM

i don't mean to offend anybody, but i tried shooting 45lbs with carbon express and the arrows are all over the target. I bought some new BEMANS! and they work great. over 30in. in length, are perfect for low and high poundage draw weight and i even tried it. The results... 3/4 inch groups at 20yds with a 45lb draw weight. I love Beman arrows!

Quick Reply: What brand of arrows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.