Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Axis problem?

Old 02-02-2006, 02:23 PM

Default RE: Axis problem?

ORIGINAL: buckhunter12

As a matter of fact, it was the slick tricks that i have been shooting with the washer in place. I dont think its just from shooting my broadheads though because i dont shoot them often at all. I love to just go out back and shoot. I dont know what would be wrong with my field points? They are the exact diameter as the shafts. Thanks
Ryan
That’s because we are all not on the same page to what is causing your problem. There are two ways to get damage from using these arrows. The first way is not having the proper washers/o-rings installed when using some fixed broadheads or mechanicals that have such tight clearances that when they take a frontal load they are pressed back against the tip of arrow shaft causing damage from the exterior inward. This is not what your problem is. The second problem is an engineering issue from the start. The HIT has no lip that wraps around tip of arrow to support the load on impact, so all the impact forces are applied to the inside diameter of the shaft, thus causing enough force in some cases to split the tips from the inside out. This is what you are experiencing in my opinion and from what I have been told. HIT= Hacking Internal Technology right?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

..................... HIT= Hacking Internal Technology right?
Mildot I think you could have done better than that! [&o]
Old 02-02-2006, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Trembow

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

..................... HIT= Hacking Internal Technology right?
Mildot I think you could have done better than that! [&o]

Ok OK...your right I should have gave it more thought. Being funny is not my best attribute. I need 3 words that describe an object such as a tip insert being driven deep inside the spine of arrow until it explodes...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Oh wait I think I got it.

Revision #1:

HIT= Honing Internal Tunnel