Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

Old 02-01-2006, 10:27 PM

Default RE: FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

You are an honest man...I would expect nothing less from a fellow bowhunter. However, I think the judge and DA should have agreed to drop the charges instead of convicting you of a misdemeanor and giving you a light sentence. That would have been the right thing for them to do.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I totally agree with NCYankee, although I'm sure most will disagree...

If you're over 18, it probably will be on your record, and that fact alone seems harsh to me -- in light of what you did as far as willingly turning yourself in over an honest mistake.

Still, kudos to you for your integrity and your moral character; it's something the world is sorely lacking these days.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are a true American Hunter, therefore, I award you ducsauce with the first annual American Sportsmans Award for your honesty and bravery.

Congratualtions,
You will be recieving it in your email.

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Some of you know that I killed a turkey out of season in November. I killed a hen with my bow and checked it in not knowing that the season had ended that weekend. I thought it stayed in until bow deer season went out. Anyway, I turned myself in to the game warden.

Well, my court date finally rolled around. It was last tuesday Jan. 24. I showed up and never had to say a word. The game warden had already spoken with the judge and I was given 8 hours community service and a month of probation. I was happy to take it considering what I thought may happen. I'm not sure if this is on my record or not. I have to find that out. It was a misdemeanor. Either way, I was happy with the outcome. What lesson did I learn? Well, thats easy. I am going to know the seasons like the back of my hand from now on.

Just wanted to let the curious know how it turned out in the end. Not all game wardens are bad, especially if you tell them the truth.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Actually i cant send it your email here lol. Ill see if i can resize it and get it posted here.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry you cant read it, send me an email and ill send the full size to you.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

I am glad that some of us still have honor and do things right.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

thats a pretty good outcome of the whole thing... in court it can go two ways good and bad.. you got the good congrats now get out there get that community service done and start hunting again!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes lesson learned and it pays to be honest! Enjoy the community service knowing what might have been.... glad it worked out for you.[8D]
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

It just proves your human and accidents do happen. Its great to see you stand up like a man and take the punishment.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be proud of yourself. You did the right thing. It also goes to show you that theGame Warden'saren't all bad guys either. I'm pretty sure the outcome would have been different had you let them come find you.

Quick Reply: FINAL UPDATE of out of season turkey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.