Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

alpine impact X-treme

Old 02-01-2006, 04:23 PM

Default alpine impact X-treme

i was thinking about getting a alpine impactX-treme stalker cam. this willbe my first bow is this one ok for me
Old 02-01-2006, 05:27 PM

Default RE: alpine impact X-treme

Shoot it!! shoot as many brands, models, as you can. try to stayin the 7" areaon brace ht. I carry alpine, and other brands too,but don't push brands !!you should be happy and feel the bow is made for you. hope this helps, good luck!!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Other than a old Bear One I shot for a couple of months the Impact X-treme was my first bow. I shot it for 6 months before stepping up to my Diamond. I made my first bow kill with that Alpine and was pretty pleased with it in general. After getting my new bow I passed it on to my wife afterchanging the limbs from 60-70# down to 40-50#. Whenthepro shop did the limb switch they found the 60-70# limbs to be cracked. Well one of them anyway. I totally missed that when wondering why the bow got loud and my accuracy went to heck. I had planned on keeping the limbs until I found out about the crack. I contacted Alpine, sent them the limbs, and they sentme someaccessories both for my wifes bow and for mine. So pretty good customer service too. Before you buy the alpine or any bow go out and shoot as many as you can. Shop around, you may find its the bow for you or you may find its not. My wife is enjoying it and getting to be a pretty good shot.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:48 PM

im only 13 and will have it at 40# is it fast and accurate
Old 02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know about speed at 40#s. WhenI had it at 65#s it shot 272fps through the chrono with my hunting gear on the bow. I'll have my wife shoot it through the chrono next time we go to the shop. (that will be soon!) As far as accuracy goes I did fine with it as long as I practiced regularly.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:13 PM

well let me know about the speed thing and will it pass through a deer
Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will let you know about the speed. As far as passing through a deer goes there are many variables involved such as arrow weight, broadhead used, shot location, etc. etc. I would have to say that there is certainly a possibility of getting a pass through with that bow set at 40#s but again there are so many variables. That hog I killed was a pass through shot and the arrow stuck in a tree behind it.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:10 PM

ive seen that 40# shoots about 270-300fps
Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I'd have to call BS there. As I said I had it shooting 272fps at 65#.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 PM

yea thats wat i thought what should i be looking for in a bow anything important

Quick Reply: alpine impact X-treme

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.