Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

In your photo I can only count 9 points. Maybe the angle. The coloration looks different and in the skull photo you can see a little kicker on the base of the right antler. Hard to tell but I don't think it's the same
Old 02-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scratch my above post. He looks like he has4 pts. on the his right side in the top pic, and 5 on his right side in the second pic.

Shane
Old 02-01-2006, 01:32 PM

Not the same buck!! JMO but look at the tip to tip also.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

After copying the pic and blowing it up I would have to say its not the same buck. Too many obvious diffrences, spalding/webbing on right brow and it has a small sticker at the base, both G3 's appear different at the tips they both seem to have a sharper bend than your pic, left side G3 looks like it has a flat or damaged tip, etc ...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sr77

They are not the same buck. If you look at the picture of the deer that was harvested, the G3 on the left side of the picture(deers right antler)has a crook in it. The picture you have of the other deer feeding looks like it has a pretty straight G3 to me compared to the one that was harvested.

Shane
I agree same blood, diff. buck.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will need a visual confirmation. I will hunt your spot next year with the picture. If I see a deer looks like yours I will stick an arrow in him. Call you and we will both take a close look. Just to be sure!!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: ghemry

I will need a visual confirmation. I will hunt your spot next year with the picture. If I see a deer looks like yours I will stick an arrow in him. Call you and we will both take a close look. Just to be sure!!

LOL! I will also need to see this deer in person ata distances of 15 yards, broadside. It's the only way I'll be able to help!
Joking- but hopefully this dead deer is his brother and you'll get another shot at him.

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:42 PM

The differences that you guys are calling out are not possible to say with such clarity given the quality of the photo as posted.

The sticker point could be there.

The coloration is OBVIOUSLY going to look different, I don't need to go into photography and light effects and such do I?

Look at the left side (The deer's left). Look at the angles between each tine on that side. Look at the lengths of each tine as it compares to the next tine. Also notice the unique "sway back" that the tines on that side do.

I'd give it a 90 something % chance that it IS the same buck.

Bring YOUR picture to the guys house, and at night use the same camera to take pictures of the rack at the same distance at various similar angles.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tend to think there is an obvious point missing from the right antler.

You can see the point plain as day on the skull mount, but nothing on the live picture. The live picture is actually turned a little bit to the left so the point should stand out even more.

But, hey...that is just my opinion.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

I think your buck is still roaming around your woods.
It looks like a different deer to me.

Quick Reply: Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.