Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any of you guys planning on hunting turkeys this spring with a bow...

Old 02-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any of you guys planning on hunting turkeys this spring with a bow...

I know it's gonna be hard but i'll give it a shot...Matt
Old 02-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Any of you guys planning on hunting turkeys this spring with a bow...

Yep, shot my first one last year with bow. I loved it, I use a blind, I was told for turkey to make sure it has a black interior. Seem to work shot the turkey at 18 yds. Pulled bow back while he was right in front of me.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Any of you guys planning on hunting turkeys this spring with a bow...

I'll definately be turkey hunting but to as which tool of the trade I'll be taking, the Mossberg 835 or my bow is yet to be determined.....
Old 02-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Dominant Buck

check out my screen name

I'll be huntin gobblers with my switchback.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately. I actually spent last season calling in birds for other people, because I actually get more joy out of this than calling them in for myself. I was able to call in 4 birds for others last year, including my fathers first turkey. I have never killed one with a bow, so I think this will bring in a new excitement to the sport of hunting turkeys that will make me want to hunt again instead of just calling for others.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 AM

will be my first chance to shoot some thing with my new bow so i wil be out for sure.can't wait
Old 02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sometimes I'll have the bow, sometimes I'll have the 870.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have taken six turkeys with my bow. I hope to add two more to the list this year. Get a blind, some decoys and roost the birds. It is quite a thrill.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will have my Hoyt Trykon by my side![8D]
Old 02-01-2006, 01:42 PM

I will definitely be chasing the birds w/ bow in hand again this year....

Last spring I took 2 with a bow one nice 2 year old and 1 jake. I was fortuntate enough to take another nice gobbler with my bow this fall as well.

A blind is definitely key and some decoys to keep their attention doesn't hurt.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys planning on hunting turkeys this spring with a bow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.