Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is rediculous!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 11:30 AM

Default RE: This is rediculous!!!!!!!!!

just buy one of themany newmodels that you can lock and chain to a tree. if your into it. myself i just take my normal camera out and sit in my stands and snap a few pictures a couple of times a year
Old 02-01-2006, 11:55 AM

Well the cuddeback has a cable that is supposedly "cut proof." It also has a padlock and a screw that goes through the camera in to the tree about 4 inches. But if someone cant get it off of the tree they are just going to break it by kicking it or something. I dont know i am to the point where the camera has definatly paid for itself so if some low life wants to come by and take it so be it[:@]. I ll just have to get a new one.[:@]
Old 02-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it sucks. I would love to put cameras everywhere. But I know they would disappear, even on private property. Would it work if you put it high in the tree with a ladder, angling down? At least they would have to go get a ladder to swipe it.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 PM

you can sit in your stand (if they haven't stolen it yet) and instead of deer hunt you can "thieve hunt".

buy you some night vision goggles so they don't see any lights and shoot him in the a#$ with buckshot when he's trying to steal your camera.

you might even catch his painful expression on film, which would make for some pretty good anti-theft advertising
Old 02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cameronmclain

you can sit in your stand (if they haven't stolen it yet) and instead of deer hunt you can "thieve hunt".

buy you some night vision goggles so they don't see any lights and shoot him in the a#$ with buckshot when he's trying to steal your camera.

you might even catch his painful expression on film, which would make for some pretty good anti-theft advertising
My thoughts exactly.........
Old 02-01-2006, 06:32 PM

what do u think they made pelet guns for?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:35 PM

Don't shoot anyone in the a@# with buckshot...not only will you go to prison, but the SOB who tried to steal your trailcam will sue you and get your truck and house, too! Use rifled slugs...and remember your shovel and hacksaw!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: NCYankee

Don't shoot anyone in the a@# with buckshot...not only will you go to prison, but the SOB who tried to steal your trailcam will sue you and get your truck and house, too! Use rifled slugs...and remember your shovel and hacksaw!
OHHHHHHHHHHH your bad!!!!!!!!!!! That is down right funny.