Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anchor Point?

Old 02-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anchor Point?

How many of you hook your thumb around your neck when at full draw?
I see alot of guys doing it during league. I tried it, and don't care for it. Instant Headache! Guess I'll jst stick to anchoring below my ear, thumb kinda just hangs there.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Anchor Point?

I used to before I switched to a shorter release (Scott Lil Goose and now Wildcat). I had to when I gained weight and my face got fat. I couldn't feel my jawbone with my knuckle anymore![:@]

Somehow now even though I took the weight off, I seem to now be anchoring higher. I'm so messed up!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:51 AM

I push the knuckle on my pointer finger onto the lobe of my ear, lets me know I am in the same spot everytime
Old 02-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nope, I try not to do anything unnatural....course that can be natural for many....I've been shooting for so darn long it's all repeatition and instinct now...I actually had to pretend to draw a bow as I sit here because I don't think about it, it just happens.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Campo

I push the knuckle on my pointer finger onto the lobe of my ear, lets me know I am in the same spot everytime

Ditto Campo but actually I'm under the lobe. in the little nook
Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I shot with fingers I had my thumb around my neck, but when I switched to the release this year, I went for the knuckle on the ear lobe as well. The neck grip worked very well though for finger shooting.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:45 AM

I used to be under the lobe, but with my new bow, and due to the peep being a lil bit low, I have to go on the lobe now....
No complaints...I am shooting some accurate
Old 02-01-2006, 08:57 AM

I could never get comfortable with that style of anchor.

At our spot league none of the 300 shooters do it. matter of fact all 300 shooters in our leauge shoot backtension.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Bees

I could never get comfortable with that style of anchor.

At our spot league none of the 300 shooters do it. matter of fact all 300 shooters in our leauge shoot backtension.
I have never shot a back tension relaese. Are they good for hunting? I have read that they can improve your shooting, is that true?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

I do pretty much the same thing....except I put my knuckle of my relase finger under my ear lobe. I know it's weird that's just what I do.

Quick Reply: Anchor Point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.