Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did my good deed for the day!!!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 AM

Default RE: Did my good deed for the day!!!!!

That is just great what you did.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If more guys did stuff like that there would be less kids on the street getting in trouble. Plus they gain something they can always strive to improve themselves at. I started with a hand me down bow and thats all it took. It was in my hand during all my free time.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow that is just awesome. you really did do a great thing.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:31 PM

Good job!! you probably have that kid hooked for life. Im sure he sill appriciate it. Thanks for your help in keeping the sport alive.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a great deal right there. I know you will be a great
mentor for him as he learns the sport. Pass in on down....
Old 02-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rob/Pa you sell last years yet??? LOL You are a gentlman and a scholar for helping this kid out and a real asset to this wacko sport we enjoy so much. If yer arm can reach give yerself a pat on the back from old iowabob.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

thats a great thing to do... my uncle sold me his bow for dirt cheap 200 with everything on it and it was worth 400... i was as happy as can be...
so coming from somone with the same experience as the kid you gave your bow to.. i bet he was alot happier than he seemed.. i know i was
Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

good job both of you will never forget the experience maybe some day he will help someone out
Old 02-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

I've done something similar. I have a couple of neighbor boys that I introduced to bowhunting. I gave the older one my bow and bought myself a new one. I made sure he practiced a lot(he was 15 or so at the time) and tried to significantly shorten the "learning curve" for him and hung him a stand in a real nice spot and told him that I would leave this area for him to hunt. On his first morning out he killed a 7 pointer and later in the year he arrowed a doe. He was hooked. A year or two later his younger brother was feeling the archery bug biting him( he was 13 at the time,)so His brother gave him the bow that I had given him and we got him practicing and shooting well. He always absorbed everything that I tried to teach him and really seemed to have that "it"factor that makes some better than others at hunting. He arrowed a 130 inch 9 pointer in the third week of his season and has arrowed a few does since as well. It really feels good getting youngsters involved in our sport and seeing them be successful at it.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:38 PM

Nothing beats it, guys! I have taken so much pride in helping people get started in our sport, the joy really comes full circle when see the smiles you put on a persons face!! great job!!