Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot the Tribute, Switchback XT, Trycon back to back to back.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I shot the Tribute, Switchback XT, Trycon back to back to back.

Forgive me if I wipe my eyes a second.........geesh![8D]

I also think any of these bows would make a great bow and its all dependant upon the individual.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should add for what is worth, that my wife shot all three as welland she did like theTRICON the best between the three.
To be quite honest, the reason I believe that this felt better to me was that it was closer to my draw length. Not trying to detract from the bows or anything, but the thing that made shooting them harder there was that they were definately set up for men to shoot. Most bow shops don't set up bows for women to shoot. I used to shoot a Fred Bear bow, and I loved it. But, I wanted something more. And when we needed some extra bill money, my bow went to pay the bills. So for Christmas my husband bought me a Mathews Mustang! I gotta say that of everything I've ever shot, I love the Mustang the most. Maybe it's just that it's closer to fitting me than most of the other bows. But I must add that when it comes to women, bow companies are shooting themselves in the foot if they don't start designing bows that are more competitive with the men's bows. So far we are left standing at the plate asking, "Where's my pitch?" Everything is focused on who the companies think are the main buyers, not who will be the main future buyers. If we aren't buying them for our husbands and sons, we're buying them for ourselves and our daughters! My 2 year old daughter is more excited about shooting her bow than her 3 year old brother is! I'm definately not trying to bash any other bow, and I have the same respect for anyone else that has their own opinions about their bows. I've always told anyone who asks me about what bow I like the most.... Get what feels and shoots best for you.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

And if your as big as you say you are,
I can let you know... he is a big guy. 6'3 and 260 lbs. All muscle he is... all muscle!

so what you are really saying is the Trykon is for girls
Something wrong with that, Diesel? Huh??? Ya want a piece of me, eh? Well, do ya???
Old 02-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the feedback Jason. I'm looking and chequeing them out. I like a big hande on the riser myself.

Hickchick, how in the heck does a bow know if your a girl or a guy?
I ain't a big guy myself, only 5'-7", but going on 7 ft, and I know theres gals out there that fit my physic, but how does a bow know if your a girl or a guy? What if a persons gay and there not sure? I have heard Jason speak of the pink bows.

Bobby
Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hickchick, how in the heck does a bow know if your a girl or a guy?
I ain't a big guy myself, only 5'-7", but going on 7 ft, and I know theres gals out there that fit my physic, but how does a bow know if your a girl or a guy? What if a persons gay and there not sure? I have heard Jason speak of the pink bows.
The pink I can do without.... never been a pink kinda girl. I'd rather have the camo couches in my house than any other pattern, personally. But think about it... How many bows are built for the smaller person? Namely females and younger kids? Even with Mathews latest that they've put out, it's designed for the longer draw lengths. How many bow shops out thereput bowson the shelves with ashorter draw length with lighter poundage? Not too many without special ordering. And most of them don't want to spend the extra money on the special order. Guess it might be different in the east, but out here, it's not seen much.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

10-4 on that Hick, and being left handed as I am adds another dimension to it. Of course, I always have an excuse for shooting on a right handed course.

Bobby
Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

RE: I shot the Tribute, Switchback XT, Trycon back to b... - 1/31/2006 12:47:28 PM

showPicture("1/31/2006 12:47:28 PM",0,0,0,1405635,19)

Diesel77

titleAndStar(463,0,false,false,"","")
Rack Buck

[align=center][/align]

so what you are really saying is the Trykon is for girls, the XT is ok but not all that, and the Bowtec is the shiznit

I smell a rat here, tell the truth you were hired by Bowtec!!! hehe JK JK
Nope, I was hired by all three companys, because I am a offical bow tester and get paid big bucks, LOL, to shoot big bucks, lol,and test all the bows.lol jk. I do wish that was true, wouldn't that be nice dream job. Joking aside I like to try them all out just to know for myself, and it does come in handy when teaching archery ed. Whena students thatsnew to the sport ofbowhuntingask what bowshould they get and why it helps to know what out there from the very top of the line on down to good starter bows.Of course I try my best to be unbaised andencourage them to shoot as many as they can before just picking one. I do own last years modelSwitchback and so some I know will say I am biased towards Mathews, but I didn't post this to try and promote Mathews but to let all readers know that IMO all three of these bows are very inpressive excellent hunting bows.Like I stated before I was surprized and one could saymaybe even a bit shocked at how well all of them felt and preformed. In my mind I was expecting one or the other to totaly outshine and leave all competition in the dust so to speak,and that simply didn't happen for me. I agree its amazing of what is out on the market today compared to 15, 10, or even 5 years ago. For those looking for a new bow today I say good luck and happy hunting because the choices have never been better!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something wrong with that, Diesel? Huh??? Ya want a piece of me, eh? Well, do ya???
Well that depends Hikchick, what are your measurements?

Nope, I was hired by all three companys, because I am a offical bow tester and get paid big bucks
AHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!! I called it!! Who's the man <dances around like Rick Flair> hehe
Old 02-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope Hoyt did not hire you, one of the standards as a Hoyt employee is to spell their flagship bow correctly.

TryKon not Trycon

LOL
Old 02-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well that depends Hikchick, what are your measurements?
Well, I'll just put it this way.... I'm closer in size to Shamu than I am to Rosanne Barr! [][:@]

Quick Reply: I shot the Tribute, Switchback XT, Trycon back to back to back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.