Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Problem

Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Bowtech Problem

As you may recall, the bottom limb bolt of my 2005 Bowtech Allegiance was getting stuck. This is the third time the limb bolts have been stuck. The first time it got stuck it was on the bottom limb, the second, the top. This time it is the bottom again. I will have to drive two hours to the nearest Bowtech shop in order to get it fixed. I am tired of having to get the same problem fixed multiple times. What should I do besides buy a new bow?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2006, 02:01 AM

Default RE: Bowtech Problem

Why do you keep moving them? I would think this would be a very limited issue. Try putting them where you want them and leaving them alone.

As far as why they get stuck I don't know. My darton sticks a little as well the first time you move them after a while.

Paul
Old 01-31-2006, 04:50 AM

zak, how are they getting it unstuck at the shop?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:13 AM

mine got stuck and i bought a ratchet drive allen head and it worked great in loosening it. no more problems, if its a little tight i just go with the ratchet.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check your bow for 2 set screw's on the side of your riser where the bolt's screw's into your riser through your limb's,and try to loosen them before you try loosening the bolt .I know my Dually has them ,but I'm not sure your Ally has them or not . Just an idea
I also agree you shouldn't have to be loosening or tightening these bolt's very often ,so set them and leave them alone.

nubo
Old 01-31-2006, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

Gee, you sure seem to move your bolts alot. I may move mine a couple times a year. Now if you just want a new bow don't go and bust your bow up like the last one, just go get another one. You can at least sell it if it isn't broke and help finance the new one. I guess its '06 and everybody's feeling the itch for a new bow.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

John, The Allegiance does have those bolts also and they should be loosened before adjusting the poundage--you're correct.
Insatiable also does the same thing as I do, a 1/4" allendrive ratchet.

What will certainly help is a bow vise--set her up in the vise, remove the string/cable at one end of the cam/ idler wheel, take to bow out of the vise and then the poundage bolt will back out quite easily.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Evidently your bow does not have the required amount of bow grease within the limb pockets on the limb bolts. I don't have a problem at all with my limb bolts. Now my Martin was another story, the bolts were very hard to turn.

If you like your bow other than tight limb bolts I wouldn't sell it.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Insatiable

mine got stuck and i bought a ratchet drive allen head and it worked great in loosening it. no more problems, if its a little tight i just go with the ratchet.
This is the best post yet. We have some guys at work that have this same philosophy. If it's won't turn, get a longer cheater bar for leverage. If it's stuck, get a bigger hammer. Hey whatever works.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

gotta check the set screws.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.