Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TURKEYS!!!

Old 01-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default TURKEYS!!!

anyone else pumped for this up coming turkey season???... iknow i am...i always use my mossberg 12 gauge buti think i'm going to try using my bow quite abit this spring.. i 've heard that its hard but i'm up for the task!!...i dont think i'm going to use a pop up .. i have a few set ups that i think will work out just well...
Old 01-30-2006, 03:05 PM

Default RE: TURKEYS!!!

im using my bow for turkey this year...i think it will be a great time and more difficult but i guess thats what makes it fun
Old 01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORG (yep, I'm shortening your name; you can count yourself as "in" now ),

Won't the turkeys see all that brilliant chrome flashing around in the woods?

Ohio, I never have hunted just specifically for turkeys too much, but I just may have to put the little Tribute to get use for this!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:52 PM

this will be my 2nd turkey hunt and i will be hunting with my bow and i am so pumped!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am also going to use my bow this year. I love turkey hunting and have taken many with shotgun, it is time to make it harder and try with the bow.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

when my bow comes in it will give me two months to get ready to kill my first animal with the bow (hopefully)
a big ol Tom
Old 01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killing a turkey with a bow is sure a chore. It would be impossible for me to get one with my bow because of the heavy hunting pressure. I guess I would never know until I tried!!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

my bow also has chrome on it.. the cams and a couple componets.. dont let its beauty full you tho... animals shore do fall fast when they come in contact with it!!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta Love that silence busting gobble the first thing in the A.M.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

I took a pretty good tom this spring with the bow and it was more fun than deer hunting. I'd tried the last couple of years but didn't have a clue what I was doing. I kept at it and worked on the calling and got lucky. I used a pop up blind and shot my tom the first morning out. I shot a few other times but missed and they started figuring me out. Can't wait till spring.

Quick Reply: TURKEYS!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.