Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Results shooting without a peep

Old 01-29-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Results shooting without a peep

All this passed season I was fighting with my peep.

1) At the very beginning I had a 1/4 inch peep but didn't like it because it produced erratic results. (big paper plate sized groups)

2) I switched to about a 1/8 inch peepwhich made for tighter groups but I couldn't see through it in low light conditions. (missed out on a doe)

3) I then went with a #3 nitehawk peep which performed very well but I didn't like the fact that by design, it could never stay aligned vertically and horizontally to produce a perfect "crosshair" (nitehawk users know what I mean)

4) After being annoyed with that I gave the NO PEEP by Timberline a chance. It was even more annoying because you have to first align a dot inside a circle then look up at your pin to aim all the while keeping everything still aligned.It's resultsonly aboutequalled the 1/4 inch peep.

5) Finally, I said screw all this and took everything off. So with no alignment device of any sort, I am now shooting tighter groups than I ever did with any of the above mentioned items. And, I wont have any issues with not being able to see through my peep at dusk/dawnin addition to the few fps I probably gained by removing the peep and the alignment tube. It's all about anchor point baby.

Peep-less people can I get a WHOOO HOOO!?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Results shooting without a peep

I say more power to ya if you can do it... I know I fixed my peep woes recently by finally going to a quality string.

I've got about 25 shots through my new BowTech Allegiance, and it looks like the string is already "shot in" ... the peep hasn't moved. That's what I call quality strings!!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:29 PM

I hear ya on that! I took my peep off about 3 years ago and I will never go back to one!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now all you gotta do is take the sights off so you canbe truly free.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:45 PM

I went through a similar moment of clarity a couple of years ago. I'd draw back and all I could see is hair when the animal is less than 25 yards. No good. So I took it off and loved it, then this year I just couldn't seem to get decent groups with out it. I finally got so mad at the range I put a peep back on and shot with it this year, but I definatley think it is better w/ out it in hunting scenerios.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

man i hated it without a peep. i had one last year and i shot decent. i was still confident in my shot but i got a peep on my new bow and im shootin alot more consistent and tighter groups. i dont think ill ever go back to plain string.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

I like a peep when shooting with a release. I use a 1/4" & bust knocks with it. I do shoot with both eyes open tho & think that makes a big difference. Someone mentioned just seeing fur in close thru the peep. If you open your other eye thats not the case.
I have a bow set up for fingers with no peep. I just find it more natural finding an anchor point shooting fingers & consistencys the key.
A peep sight more than anything else forces your head to the same position every shot. Maybe I shouldn't say forces because you should be comfortable but it helps alot to keep consistent.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a no peep on my bow but this year I found myself not even paying attention to it anymore. I would just hit the corner of my mouth with the kisser and the tip of my nose to the string. I shot better groups doing this than with any peep. I plan on taking the no peep off this offseason and going peepless.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

whoooo hooo ive never shot with a peep ive heard too many bad things about them and my groups have always been tight so why fix whats not broken
Old 01-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Now all you gotta do is take the sights off so you canbe truly free.
LOL maybe we should all try traditional bows its made me a better shot

Quick Reply: Results shooting without a peep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.