Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting poll in the deerhunting forum

Old 01-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Interesting poll in the deerhunting forum

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1399127&mpage=1&key==

It's about wether Pods,drug tipped arrows should be allowed in our sport.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:40 AM

Default RE: Interesting poll in the deerhunting forum

i think they should
Old 01-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why you don't want to put the time into the sport and just be a arrow flinger?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Why you don't want to put the time into the sport and just be a arrow flinger?
See Charlie I think its extreamly hard for you to be objective about this subject ... not everyone thinks the same ...

dd
Old 01-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

How many people do you suppose would kill themselves every year with the drug?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:24 AM

I think Charlie is making a valid point. . .

After all, it is his opinion. I think he is just making a case for his thoughts, he did it in good taste and had some sound info to prove why he feels soo strongly against using the drug tipped arrow.

Personally, I would never use it. I think you are adding something to the sport that really isn't a technological advancement, just another way for people who really shouldn't be out in the woods to feel confident in their set-ups.

I know we aren't all perfect shots, but that is part of the sport. But as ethical hunters, I think we should all have the animals best interest in mind.

This means we search for an animal as long as we possibly can if it wasn't a clean vital shot.

Sure weall make bad shots, but we usually aren't just trying to take a bad shot.A bad shot (low percentage)includes that 200 yard bomb shot, which is a joke in my opinion.

We take measures to set-up our equipment properly to lessen the chance of improper arrow flight.

In the end, we shouldn't be "wanting" to take bad shots. This drug arrow might say to people, ohh go ahead and take that shot. If you miss the vitals the drugs will be there to pick you up and take the animal out.

Would some ethical hunters use the drug properly, sure. But ethical hunters are usually the ones making higher percentage shots in the first place and we all know a double lunged passthrough whitetail will normally be on the ground within 100 yards and barring any extreme circumstances, should be in the back of the truck that night or the next day, ready to be checked in to the DNR.

I haven't even been out with hunting with my bow and I already know I won't be out in the woods next year if I am not ready. I am practicing 2-3 a week, but that doesn't make me an effective hunter if I can't place a shot in the vitals, or attempt to make the best shot possible on the animal. I won't go into the woods unless I am confident enough to make that kill shot.

Some people would be willing to go out into the woods with improperly tuned bows and not enough practice time which,using drugs or not, isn't being respectful to the game and to the sport.

I am all for new archers to hunt, I am a new archer myself. But my theory ishunt paper first, then use wild game if necessary. EDIT Should read: Hunt paper first, then use wild game if you can effectively hunt paper.

There, that is my stand for the day.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

See Charlie I think its extreamly hard for you to be objective about this subject ... not everyone thinks the same ...
This isn't my first time talking about this subject. Before he died, the guy(can't remember his name)that was one of the first to really push for pods made the rounds on several internet sites.I debated this issue with him for monthes, he couldn't convince me and my mind is made up on this issue.This was a good five years ago.I can't think of anything good for the sport that would come from legalizing Pods.

As far as being objective, I won't be. My mind is made up.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

My first thought would be that I wouldn't want to eat meat that I had just recently poisoned! []
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are drugs out there that can "kill anything but humans."

Personally, I voted "no" for personal beliefs.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

We went through this one other time in the bowhunting forum...seems most post become redundant.

Quick Reply: Interesting poll in the deerhunting forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.