Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting poll in the deerhunting forum

Old 01-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Interesting poll in the deerhunting forum

It just seems to me that any hunting equipment can be used unethically, but that doesn't mean that it is used unethically. I would never use poison or whatever, but that doesn't mean that I'm against others using it as an option, if their intentions with it are honorable. I know there are idiots that would abuse it, just like there are idiots that abuse the methods already available and accepted.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

We've been over this a thousand times in the past 30-odd years.The idea of the podstunk way back then and the stench has only ripened with age. [:'(]It's the one blight on Fred Bear's reputation.

Charlie, I believe the guy's name you can't remember is Adrian Benke.Looks to me like he noticed there are a whole lot ofnimrodswho figure it'sa lot easier to buy stuff to take the challenge out of bowhunting instead of committing to the work and study required to step up and meet the challenge. So, heacquired the patent for the pod and thought he could make himself a truckload of money.

Probably coulda done it too, if it weren't for the DEA (anectine is a controlled substance), as well asbowhunterswho care about ethics and how bowhunting is viewed by the public at large.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:43 AM

Any one that could vote for the use of pods in my opinon
is not a true bowhunter!!!The use ofpods will do nothing for the sport
but give it a negative side of ways to look at it. Not to mention the amount of pepole that will die from them or be permanently disabled by the use of them!![:'(]
Old 01-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

See Charlie I think its extreamly hard for you to be objective about this subject ... not everyone thinks the same ...

dd
Wouldn't surprize me to hear you say you would like to see poison bullets. A shoot all gun hunter in the bow forum[&:][:'(]
Old 01-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: D.Parsons

Any one that could vote for the use of pods in my opinon
is not a true bowhunter!!!The use ofpods will do nothing for the sport
but give it a negative side of ways to look at it. Not to mention the amount of pepole that will die from them or be permanently disabled by the use of them!![:'(]
Well I am sure all those hunters in Mississippi will be putting their bows in the closet becasue you disapprove D. ...I read a LOT more about people falling from treestands and dying vs running an arrow through themselves and dying from the drug ... that argumentdont hold water.

dd
Old 01-29-2006, 01:52 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

I think you would have a bunch ofA holes out there taking stupid shoots figuring the drugs would do the trick. The guy that started this, DD should get his head checked, to come up with this crap. ? DD are you playing with a half a deck or the JOKERS. Rich
Old 01-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RWK

I think you would have a bunch ofA holes out there taking stupid shoots figuring the drugs would do the trick. The guy that started this, DD should get his head checked, to come up with this crap. ? DD are you playing with a half a deck or the JOKERS. Rich
Rich with do guys like you have to resort to calling names ...thats so childish!
dd
Old 01-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

RWK,
You just posted a thread onanother forum calling for the legalization and installation of crossbows for hunting. Isn't that a similar situation?

A shoot all gun hunter in the bow forum[&:][:'(]
Careful here Rick, DD posted in this forum b/c this subject was drug (no pun intended) over here by someone else. But your statement sounds very elitist. Although DD sometimes makes some controversy, he obviously loves hunting and has as much right to type his opinion as any. You do not have to be part of some perceived hierarchy to be passionate about hunting.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

RWK,
You just posted a thread onanother forum calling for the legalization and installation of crossbows for hunting. Isn't that a similar situation?

A shoot all gun hunter in the bow forum[&:][:'(]
Careful here Rick, DD posted in this forum b/c this subject was drug (no pun intended) over here by someone else. But your statement sounds very elitist. Although DD sometimes makes some controversy, he obviously loves hunting and has as much right to type his opinion as any. You do not have to be part of some perceived hierarchy to be passionate about hunting.
Thank you H.B. ...and yes I am controversial at times but controversy breeds debate and discussion ..some on here just do not get it ..some do ...your obviously one that does understand that I play devil's advocate at times to stirr up the thinking process ...

dd
Old 01-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

has it been proven not to kill human and you can shoot the deer anywhere and if it got into the blood stream it would die anyway

Quick Reply: Interesting poll in the deerhunting forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.