Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another site question

Old 01-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another site question

ive looked at alot of different stores and havent found a really bright site. the ones i have on my bow are fine and i can see them during the day just fine. but when it gets a little darker it starts to get really hard to see em. i know someone that has a really bright one(it litterally glowed)on his switchback but i dont know what it is. does anyone know of any that show good when it starts gettin a little bit dark?

thanks everyone.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another site question

I have used the HHA for the last couple of years and it is a very bright sight. It has 3 feet of fiberoptics wrapped around sight window. You can even get the XL model which has 5 feet I believe. It is a very sturdy sight, no plastic. Mine isthe OL-5000. It is asingle pin sight but the do makea 3 pin.

If you don't like the way the fiberoptics is wrapped around the window, Toxonics makes a sight with a good amount of fiberoptics wrapped in a tube on the side of the sight in a protective likecynlinder. They make an HD model (harmonic dampener) thatgoes with the Mathews as well.

Good luck
Old 01-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Skylight. Super bright and you can see the pins well before legal shooting time.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:20 PM

HHA here as well. shows up great. ive got the green model but u can get a red one which is not as bright (red gets darker when light fades)
Old 01-29-2006, 09:34 AM

Vital bow gear makes some really nice ones that glow really nice 5 minutes of light before you hunt and they will glow for a good long time.depneding on where you live i know there are a few out there that use a small battery to emit light.i know in IL that those are not legal.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:51 AM

THATS A GREAT SIGHT , THER'S ALSO THE 0L-5500 IS THE ONE THAT YOU CAN MANIPULATE THE LIGHT IS GREAT TOO
ORIGINAL: Gut Check

I have used the HHA for the last couple of years and it is a very bright sight. It has 3 feet of fiberoptics wrapped around sight window. You can even get the XL model which has 5 feet I believe. It is a very sturdy sight, no plastic. Mine isthe OL-5000. It is asingle pin sight but the do makea 3 pin.

If you don't like the way the fiberoptics is wrapped around the window, Toxonics makes a sight with a good amount of fiberoptics wrapped in a tube on the side of the sight in a protective likecynlinder. They make an HD model (harmonic dampener) thatgoes with the Mathews as well.

Good luck
Old 01-29-2006, 03:47 PM

I'll put in a plug for the HHA OL series. There are other bright ones as well, but not nearly as well made. One thing I'd have to think that if you can't see these pins either you need a bigger peep, or it's just plain too dark to shoot.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 PM

As Mudd Dawg said:
Vital Bow Gear

They also make a tritium sight version. You won't find a brighter pin.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks everyone im gonna have to look into some of them.