Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Spot-Hogg users?

Old 01-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any Spot-Hogg users?

OK, bear with me on this...

See the bar that extends out from the piece which has the "tick" marks on it? The piece that the pin housing actually screws into? If you follow the width of that back to those marks, you'll see it's four marks wide. So -- having said that -- if I simply unscrewed the pin housing and moved it to the other side of that little bar, like Aussie-guy had me do, it should line back up exactly where it is now if I just adjust the pin housing back to theleft four tick marks? That would mean the marker would be hitting one tick mark left of center, which would be ideal...

I mean, doesn't that make logical sense? But my arrows are hitting way right when I do that... ???
Old 01-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Think of it this way. When your looking at the picture you posted, the left side of the sight pin housing is against the threaded piece (the bar that extends out as you described it above). When you move it to the other side, the right side of the sight pin housing is against the threaded piece. Therefore you aremoving it the thickness of both pieces which equals 8 ''tick'' marks and since there is only 8 ticks of adjustment we end up with theexact oppositeproblem on the other side.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

C, I understand exactly what you're saying, and it's good to see we're talking the same language...

and maybe that's the problem, is that it equals 8 "tick" marks, but it seems to me like you would actually only be moving it the width of threaded piece (or the bar that extends out, as I described it earlier)... which would only be 4 ticks. I mean, that's really all I'm moving it, I think...