Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Spot-Hogg users?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any Spot-Hogg users?

here is a visual

Like I said I dont know if you have already done this.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, did that right away.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here ya go; I just took a pic so you can see where I'm at. You'll see I've already got the spacer bar in place as you suggested, and you can also see I've only got one "tick" mark of adjustability left. If you saw my other thread where I posted some pics of a couple arrows I shot a while ago, you'll see I've got it pretty close to being where it needs to be -- I just don't like being at the end of my adjustability range...

Old 01-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg.

You have it wrong.

I gotta run and get to work I will call you and explain it more then
Old 01-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Russell,

It's actually comforting to hear you say that! (that I've got it wrong!) At least hopefully that explains some things.... or will, at least.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah you DO have it wrong.........
LOL this is fun to watch.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, Matt... I feel like such a dunce now!

Russell walked me through it in about two seconds; I can't believe I didn't figure it out...

I actually thought about moving the bracket over like it needed to be before, but for some reason thought the screws that hold it all together needed to come in from the right side -- and that wouldmean there would be no threadsfor the screws to grab ahold of; once Russell had me insert the screws in from the left side, it all came together! Doh!

This is gonna give me tons more adjustability, and I could move the spacer bar over again if I needed to...

Thanks Russell; I really appreciate it!! Sorry I had to get off the phone so quickly; I had a few people waiting on me to decide where we were gonna go next after leaving the restaurant (I knew he was gonna call, so when I left the house I grabbed my bow and Allen wrench. I was out in the parking lot with the phone up to my ear making adjustments on the bow )... but I'm sure we'll be talking again in the future!!

Good hunting, and God bless!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

For those interested or who are following this, here's how it's supposed to look:

Old 01-29-2006, 03:49 PM

Greg, my sight is put together like your first picture and my left/right adjustment is like your last picture. Guess the difference is in bows. My is a Switchback. Glad you got it right for your bow. How do you like the sight, overall?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Greg-

Did you get the vertical adjustment taken care of?

mq-

I have a switchback as well. Is the vertical adjustment pretty much in the center? Does the Spot-Hogg come in a 3 pin vs. a 5 pin? I was looking on their website and it looks like they only have a 5 and 7 pin.

Quick Reply: Any Spot-Hogg users?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.