Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Luckiest person ever!

Old 01-27-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Luckiest person ever!

Today, one of my friends went to our 3-d range here to shoot his bow some. Well, earlier tonight I talked to him afterwards and it turns out he split his arrow! Now what is really shocking is that he's been shooting for less than 2 weeks. I've been shooting for my whole life and have yet to split an arrow. I've gotten close but never done it.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Luckiest person ever!

Wow, I would say. It took me till last year to split an arrow! I have been shooting, well since before compound bows were around, and this year I seemed to click with the right arrows (make em myself), new Montana Gold Dusk Devil, and some practice. Let me tell you, I make sure I never shoot at the same mark twice now, splitting arrows is costly! [&o]
Old 01-28-2006, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't find splitting arrows appealing. ACC's are expensive so I shoot at several individual dots rather than grouping arrows. I'm tired of ruining arrows...I've tube a few, busted nocks too often, creased arrows, ripped vanes.....none of which make me happy...[&:] unless it's someone elses on a challenge.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

[&:]yepper that is what I am talking about, busted knocks, stripped vanes, the clanking of arrows! Some might like Robin Hoods, but I am like you Rob, one cirle per arrow, less costly!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:28 AM

I just bought my first bow about two months ago. (A Mathews Switchback). I was practicing in the yard a few days ago, and split my first arrow!! I would be proud, but I can't lie to myself! I know it was pure luck. I can usually group pretty good, but it was a windy day and that's not where I was aiming! So it was luck, a one in a million shot, but at least I can say I've split one if anyone ever asks! PSEarcher149, if your friend is the luckiest person ever, then I'm the 2nd luckiest!

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL
Old 01-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well there was this one time I split a sappling at Boy Scout camp!

I missed the hay bale and it went sailing over the hill and we didnt hear it hit. Then as we were going down the trail, there it was stuck in a sapling about the size of a adult finger........ I was Robin Hood...... for a second or two!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

it would be cool the first time to pull a robin hood, but after that i wouldnt wanna do it again. im short on cash so i dont have the money to replace arrows. theclosest i've come is just busting nocks.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

I have done it about three times in my life. I usually
shoot at different spots now. It is expensive.........
Old 01-28-2006, 10:00 AM

Ive done it many many of times.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Groups don't matter anyway except for tuning your bow. I've never seen a deer yet that wil stand still and let you shoot a group at him.

Quick Reply: Luckiest person ever!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.