Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much would ya pay,

Old 01-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How much would ya pay,

Congrats to your bud for lucking out on those nice bucks , hope he didn't pay more than the fair market value for the land just because of them though .
Old 01-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I have to pay to hunt, other than the purchase of a license, I would quit hunting. Maybe one of the TV personalities will give you a couple of bucks.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sniper, do you not realize that land is a very sound investment!! Getting to hunt on it when you want, with who you want, how you want, is just a nice perk of owning it!!
Many of us are thinking about retirement someday, and having a nice piece of land to call home on. For my buddy and myself, it's not about paying to hunt, we're looking at the big picture!!
Any idea where or on what land you'll be hunting inabout10, 15, 20years from now?
I called my buddy again last night, he doesn't get on the computer, so he was suppose to have his wife Email me more pics., and I'm still waiting[>:]
Old 01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howler have to agree. Before I had to sell the land in NY, that was mine, I could go to it when I wanted, hunt what I wanted--in season of course and I had a camp, and it was gonna be a lodge for later, maybe even live there after retirement. It was a good investment, and I would do it again given the oppurtunity.

And the real fact is, it is hard to find a place to hunt where you dont have to pay. As soon as local folks find out they can get cash you are limited to public unless you have a good friend or almost kiss up to somebody! Well anyway, IMHO it isn't safe to hunt public areas anymore, cause everybody flocks to em! So if I got to pay, for a little more assurance of seeing something and coming home alive, not 100% I know that, but well I will work or pay to keep hunting and enjoy the outdoors!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:06 PM

If I had the chance to buy some land like that I'd be on it.I to think this is the best way to have a good time hunting because you can develop trails and stands along with bike trails to get your deer out,Sounds awsome eh?Howler is yours beside your buddies and do ya hunt together?
Old 01-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes, i truly, truly regret selling mine, just went like a couple days ago

but there were circumstances........ and maybe someday, someday [&:]I can find the deal I did on that...... [&o][&o]
Old 01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

dynatec, this piece of property he just bought is 3 miles from mine, he also has another piece about half way between the two. My property is downstream on the same creek!
He finally sent me this pic. today. It's hard for him, or me, to think that this critter got as far away from the Fort as he did, without anyone noticing him. I'd about fall out of my stand if he walked by, and I didn't have a tag for him!!

He has to get his flash card back from his buddy back there to get some bigger buck pics. to me!!
Old 02-05-2006, 12:14 PM

Ya, thats what I'm talking about!That one sighting would make the purchase worth while and Howler I too would be shaking in my boots.Congrats on your recent purchase it looks like a good one