Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy?? Caught on Cuddeback!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy?? Caught on Cuddeback!

In most states, they can not enter private propert w/o probable cause (often times refered to as "enforcement activities" in the statutes of the state). In many areas, DNR does not have the authority to to enforce tresspassing.

Indiana Statute:

"The maximum forfeiture for violating the trespass law is $1000. County sheriff departments or local enforcement officers enforce this law. DNR wardens are not authorized to enforce trespass."

DNR does not have endless amounts of power, at least not in Indiana. Only time they can beinvolved isif the trespass involves a conservation violation. Albeit many states are pushing bills to change this law...mainly to allow the DNR to provoke the hunting/fishing license of the trespassor.

Furthermore, when a conservation violation has been detected, DNR has the right to enter "open fields" on your property..which include everything except "curtilage" (your house, storage buildings, and all areas in which the owner has an expectation of privacy) unless a warrent is issued.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your perfectly legal, I would not call and inquire. All he is doing is his job. He may just walk around looking for evidence of wrong doing like deer carcasses, baiting, traps, who knows. There is only so much they can see from the road. Cool pic though! I would print a copy and if you ever run into him, give him one.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 PM

In Tn they can do what they want... We have some good ones and some really bad ones.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: muzzleblast525

If it were me, I'd contact the office and ask if somebody was there on the property. If no, show pic and ask why is this showing up. If yes, I'd still show the pic.....
I disagree with the last post and would also inquire to why they were out there. It might have nothing to do with you but information they received that might be beneficial and perhaps relevant to your own person. Not to mention if they have no legitimate reason then I'd reassure them your legal hunting methods and don't appreciate the scent that they leave behind especially when were talking about bowhunting.

And personally I'd love to catch them in a lie....
Old 01-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Not to mention if they have no legitimate reason then I'd reassure them your legal hunting methods and don't appreciate the scent that they leave behind especially when were talking about bowhunting. "

They would laugh at you and hang up!They don'tNEED a legitimate reason, THEYwill decide if your legal andhe can spread his scent around your land WHENEVER he wants.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Between the DNR and the Patriot (not) act we might as well burn the constituition. Are rights are being taking away from us. Watch what you say on the phone cause somone is probably listening.......dabow
Old 01-23-2006, 11:46 PM

Definately a Booner!!

I'd say close to 220, what about you guys?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say he's scouting his next hunting spot. I hope you have that lease locked down tight for next season.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:39 AM

You guys are missing the most important fact of the case: It's not Greg's land and he couldn't do anything about it if a wrong were committed. (which I don't think was). You guys would sure wish the game warden was snooping around if he caught someone stealing your treestands! They're just trying to do their job so if you guyshave nothing to hide, don't worry about it.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

Well, I invited the game warden out to my farm several years ago, and walked him around - told him he could walk under my stands anytime he felt like it.I get tired of finding dead deer (about one every other year) that are apparently poached -as the nice young 6 ptr with a bullethole in thepaunch about 5 years ago, shot during thethen doe-only muzzleloaderseason. He was likely shot off my land but died on it. I find other deer that are decomposed, so you never know cause of death... but I am cynical: I was bowhunting last night and heard a fusilade of shots in the distance - yahoos likely busting geese well after sunset. I tried to getDNR to set up a decoy along my road frontage, but they said my house is in the way (sits 600 ft off the road)and it would be unsafe - I told them the idiots are spotlighting/shooting in my direction anyway, and I'd rather they get caught... DNR is on my cell phone's speed dial.
-fsh

Quick Reply: Trophy?? Caught on Cuddeback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.