Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP QUICKSPIN VANES

Old 01-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Spike

Default NAP QUICKSPIN VANES

Anybody have any experience with these. I was thinking of trying some.Thanks for the info.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:44 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP QUICKSPIN VANES

I have used them and don't think they are worth the exta money. I didn't notice any increase in accuracy with either my broadheads or field points. They have a durabiltiy issue as well. They won't take much abuse and you will be replacing vanes. For the price I think you can do a lot better.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

use 'em and love 'em (2.5" fly well with field points but for broadheads you have to use the regular 4")
Old 01-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOVE the 4" vanes. My arrow flight and groups improved greatly with them. Unlike mez, I have experience no issues with the vanes with hundreds of shots each. Love em.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:45 PM

i shot them and agree with mez for the money i dont think they are worth it, mine lasted maybe 10 shots before the wrickled up and i didnt notice any tighter grouping with them,, honestly though the only way u now if u will like them is to shot them and see, i have some left that i will send u if u what to try them.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NAP QUICK SPIN VANES

This question comes up quite often on the Technical forum. Most will tell you as I will,quick spins arenot worth the extra money. Blazers work best for broad heads they are extremely durable. I use 2.3 duravanes for 3D, and blazers for hunting.
Youmightjustlove them however. There are too many being sold to bethat terrible.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:13 AM

I was discouraged from buying them by a guy who sells them. He said they weren't worth the extra money. Instead he put stiff vanes with a4 degree offset and I'm real happy with them. If you ask me, a drop-away restwith real stiff vanes is the way to go!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

They do control the arrows better, and stick very well. The control is almost as good as a 5" helical feather. They don't work to well through the Wb as they will become wrinkeld, but is a drop away or conventional rest they do a great job. As for the " are they worth the money" well that's up the the shooter but they do work as advertised.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with what was stated earlier that the 2.25" versions work great for field points and small broadheads. I used them last year and loved them. However, when I switched over to my broadheads (Magnus Stingers) I wasn't happy with my groups past 20 yards so I went back to the 4" version. My only compaints are that yes, they aren't quite as durable as I would like to see, they are slightly on the expensive side, and it seems like the 4" version creates some additional noise while the arrow is in flight. However I do believe they fly great and really helped to improve my groups downrange. Also with today's dropaway rests I'm not quite as concerned with damaging the fletching due to contacting the rest.

NAP is releasing a 3 1/8" QuikSpin this year and I plan on picking up some of those to try out. Hopefully it's enough to stabilize my broadheads a bit better, reduce some of the weight compared to the 4", and also cut down on the noise as well.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:56 AM

not worth the money. i tried them, give it a few more shots and they will be so wrikled you wont be able to shoot them anymore. I was refletching my arrows about 2 times a week, got too expensive. They are just not durable. My 2 in. blazers work way better, and are a lot more duable and can stablize a fixed blade B-Head.

Quick Reply: NAP QUICKSPIN VANES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.