Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I finally get my bow but with problems

Old 01-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I finally get my bow but with problems

Okay i get a call wednesday that my F5 is in and i told him i probably would be there saturday.I go saturday and get well i didnt my step dad did.I get it saturday night i open the box look at it put all my stuff on it and i am really excited to take it to the proshop today and we are getting ready to go and i felt something on my limb. I take a closer look and i had a cracked limb [:@]I thought i waited 4 weeks to get a bow with a cracked limb needless to say i was furious.I am going to take it back tommorow and get them to ship it back.Good thing is i dont have to pay shipping....i was wondering has anyone experienced this....getting one right out of the box and it be cracked? Well i guess ill have to wait one more week [:@]
Old 01-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I finally get my bow but with problems

That really sucks!!! I have never heard of any bow having busted
limbs right out the box.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Typical Buck

never heard of one coming out of the box like that buta buddy of mine had on 05 allegiance. his limbs splintered in his case........i can't get out of hime what he did but i figure he pitched it out of his stand..........

that would really aggitate me too. good luck and hope the wait is short
Old 01-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Damn that stinks, good luck next time.

Shane
Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Okay i get a call wednesday that my F5 is in and i told him i probably would be there saturday.I go saturday and get well i didnt my step dad did.I get it saturday night i open the box look at it put all my stuff on it and i am really excited to take it to the proshop today and we are getting ready to go and i felt something on my limb. I take a closer look and i had a cracked limb [:@]I thought i waited 4 weeks to get a bow with a cracked limb needless to say i was furious.I am going to take it back tommorow and get them to ship it back.Good thing is i dont have to pay shipping....i was wondering has anyone experienced this....getting one right out of the box and it be cracked? Well i guess ill have to wait one more week [:@]
That would really stink!!I would halft to bite my tongue on that one.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

that stinks you probably got the one rear one that slipped by quality control.I'm sure they will make good on it
Old 01-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Site Bouncer

Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling of waiting for something to come in and then have to send it back because of one thing or another. Don't sweat it too much, you will have plenty of time to get it set up and shooting before next season.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:01 PM

I ordered my bow from Bass Pro this summer, the limbs were fine, but the string and cables were in worse shape than the string and cables on the 20 year old bow that I've been borrowing from my grandpa (and I don't thing the strings had ever been changed!)...needless to say, I sent it back immediately.

It worked out pretty good for me, they sent a replacement--plus a $50 refund because the bow came on sale!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah that sucks, I've heard of it happening before. That sucks though sorry to hear man.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

sry man i know you were excited to get to shoot it and it have a cracked limb