Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

for fellow big buck killers

Old 01-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: for fellow big buck killers

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: GregH

Yeh RIGHTTTTTTTT

dd
What does that mean? You don't think that they're all bow kills or that I never thought of this "900" club?

I've got 6 more bow kills that range from 122" to 133". I don't have any gun kills that score over 115". I usually take does with the gun to help balance the buck/doe ratio and finish off my meat supply. As far as the "900" thing, I've never heard of it before now. Usually I think of the deer I've taken individually, not as some collective number. Regardless of score, if I see a deer that makes me happy, I shoot it, if not I don't. One of my favorite deer doesn't make the record book even though he has 138" of horn on his head. He dressed out at 220# and has a 28" neck just under the jaw. He was the boss buck of the area and a real trophy to me. After 39 seasons of hunting, I've never entered a big buck contest. I've got nothing against them, I just never think about them or go to places where they are offered. I know I would havewon a few of them, but its not important to me. Deer hunting to me is a personal thing, I'm only trying to please myself. I am curious about your jab at me. I don't know you and you don't know me. Besides don't you have something better to post like some fictional thread, " I got #14! - Just kidding" or come visit my web site and see my tremendous buck thing?
Gezzzzzzzz Greg CHILL OUT ...your just a little "Gung Ho" aint'cha tiger ? My post "Yehhhh Righttttttt" had NOTHING to do with you ..it ment Yehhhhhh Right I have only ONE mounted buck with a bow NOT 6..so I really have no combined score..so I found it funny and said "yeh rightttt" like I can post a combined score with one buck... lay off the Diet Dew dude ..your a little jumpy !

dd
Sorry for the misunderstanding then, but you just posted 5 pics of scorablemounts in another thread. I didn't see anything that said they all had to be bow kills. BTW, it's pure caffenated coffee, not Diet Dew.I don't Dew diet, slick.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:28 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding then, but you just posted 5 pics of scorablemounts in another thread. I didn't see anything that said they all had to be bow kills. BTW, it's pure caffenated coffee, not Diet Dew.I don't Dew diet, slick.
[/quote]

This is partly my fault. I didn't specify about weapons used. Honestly, My bucks are 2 with bow, 2 with muzzleloader, 2 with rifle. I've killed a lot more with a bow, but my six biggest were combined from different seasons over the years. I live in East Central Oklohoma and I'm 33 yrds old. It would be really hard to have done all that with a bow in my life where I live. I did have a strange twist of fate in '04 though that cost me a buck that my brother got a month later with a rifle. He grossed 153" and still bore the scar from my thunderhead, which would have killed him had it hit one inch lower - I got ripped off!That would have been my third P&Y and would have made my average 145! Oh well , I was sure happy for my brother. We also had two cam pics of that buck. Awesome hunting story that year for us!!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

No problem G.H it was just a classic example of not understanding the "tone" of the post ... its obvious your a hell of a hunter and I would never try to take anything away from your accomplisments !

dd
Old 01-22-2006, 12:57 PM

No problem G.H it was just a classic example of not understanding the "tone" of the post ... its obvious your a hell of a hunter and I would never try to take anything away from your accomplisments !

dd
You guys are real gentlemen. It's not your mistakes that determine the kind of man you are , but rather what you do about them. I almost feel a group hug coming... Naahhh!
Old 01-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

dd u should reach it killing them 14 deer in south tenn and ala this year lol to add to ur past kills
Old 01-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a ton of bowkill bucks, butI'm still fairly early to the holding out for a big one game, so my average isn't very high. I do think this is a rather interesting statistic.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:24 PM

Are we talking gross score or net score????
Old 01-22-2006, 08:10 PM

GREAT FOR YOU ALL THAT HAD SCORE 6 OR MORE WITH BOW I JUST HAVE MY FIRST SO I'LL BE JUST WATCHING.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've heard of the so called 900 club. I've don't have enough bucks to qualify for the six, but then again i'm only 19, and i'm in college. don't have quite all the time in the world to sit out as much as i'd really like to. My goal is to eventually make it there. I told my dad i'd like to have 15 whitetail entries that qualify for p&y. I think I can do it. (by the time i die) and my life goal is to eventually get the super slam of bowhunting ( i know it sounds corny and there's prolly no way but I can have goals right?) So that's my views. I'm still young it could happen. I'm the kinda guy who sets really big goals for himself though. so.................
Old 01-22-2006, 09:20 PM

Bowtech,

you do realize that slam will probably cost you half million don't you? Bears and sheep will break the bank......

Quick Reply: for fellow big buck killers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.