Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got my first bow!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2006, 09:02 AM

Default I got my first bow!!!!!!

I got my first bow!!I got the Hoyt Lasertec.OK heres the story.It was my birthday a couple days ago and for birthdays in my family we get to choose what we want to do.In this case I went to shoot bows.First I went to a Bowtech dealer and shot the Tribute, the Diamond Victory, and the Diamond Liberty. Surprisingly I liked the Victory much better than the Tribute!!Pretty surprising to me since I know all of you Bowtechies love the Tribute.I liked the draw cycle on the victory very much but the Liberties draw cycle was Terrible!!They say it has the smoothest draw cycle of any bow of 2004 I dont mean to bash any Liberty owners but if this has the smoothest draw cycle all our bows must be total junk.Anyway I had decided on the Victory out of those three.But , then we went to a Mathews and Hoyt dealer and I shot the Xtec not bad but not totally blown away.But then I saw this bow hanging up that had a rest and sight and all that and I asked if I could shoot it, they said sure so I go to shoot it but as I pull I could not get the thing back!!well I went back and they ajusted the draw weight and length and I had no problems.So Im like ok here we go I shot it and I liked it Zero hand shock and no bounce in the hands(the Victory at the first shot bouced so bad that it flew out of my hand)So I shoot it some more and I totally fall in love with the thing.So I ask them to hold it for me while I think about.I was planning on going back late that night but and hour later I was back and I bought it.They gave an incredible deal.Another nice thing is these guys are very good at what they do so I knew that they werent just trying to sell me somthing so that they could make more money.It turns out my draw length is 27 and the bows lowest setting is 27 so I have another 2 and a half inches of draw length left.What I really liked was the fact that I dont have to buy different draw length mods everytime I need my draw length ajusted.I am 16 so I have a few years of growth left in me so that is a really nice feature.Well after a quick sight in and some helpful tips from the guy I was on my way!!!Thanks for the recomendations and all the helpfull info!! I cant wait to go hunting with it!!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:28 AM

Default RE: I got my first bow!!!!!!

Also I dont know if was just me or what but I liked the Lazertec much better than the Tribute the draw was nicer and I liked how quiet it was, the Trtibute was louder than the hoyt and there seemed to be a little more hand shock than the hoyt I dont know if I am imagining things but I love my hoyt!!! I dont know if maybe the fact that the draw length was too long is what made me dislike the Tribute dont get me wrong that is a very nice bow but in this case I fell for the Hoyt.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow. Hoyt makes a nice product.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:34 PM

Congrats. Make use of starting to shoot young. Before all of the responsibilities of life take away from the time you are able to shoot.

Hope you enjoy your bow and I'm happy you had a good bow shopping experience!
Old 01-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's funny how the powertech & lazertech snuck onto the scene with little or no net hype behind them.
I like their specs on paper and an adjustable cam with a smooth draw to boot.

Congrats on your new bow!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:34 PM

well all that matter is you got the bow that you like the best.i am sure everyone will agree as long as you are happy then then name on your bow does not matter.I just went and got my new bow today also a hoyt but i went with the trykon i shot about 15 different bows from all the major brands and this one just felt right from the time i placed it in my hand.Idid not even know what model it was until i was done shooting it my local dealer just brought me 4 differnt bows i picked them up and shot them.Would not have mattered to me if it was a hoyt mathews bowtec or any other brand.I am a beliver that you can take an ok bow and make it great if you add the right extras and feel comfy shooting it
Old 01-21-2006, 03:38 PM

I believe the powertec and lazertec are just the ultra sport and ultra mag, with a few cosmetic differences.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and good hunting. I do think I willreplace my old bowthis year but don't know with what Bow. I am thinking about a Reflex. Seem affordable and pretty effective. Also love the AR product. Who knows maybe I will use the Merlin 1 more year.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:12 PM

Awesome man!!! Congrats!!

Old 01-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck with the new bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.