Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

does anyone own.....

Old 01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default does anyone own.....

A browning F5 tornado or know anyone that does id like to hear some other peoples opinions if you dont know anyone or dont have one give it a look and tell me what you think....please

http://www.browning-archery.com/products/2006/f5tornado.htm

Old 01-17-2006, 06:07 PM

Default RE: does anyone own.....

You did not say if you were a beginner bowhunter or not so here goes.The speed of 297-305 is good enough to "GET IT DONE",the brace height of 8-1/4" is awesome,and the weight is good, i personally like a heavy bow.the only concern i would have is that the axle to axle is a bit short.If this bow is what you really think you want go to a Pro shop and shoot it..Good luck
Old 01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

o ive already got it and love it.....well im not really a beginner im 14 and ive been bowhunting since 11 and i absolutely love this bow because its fast forgiving and not expensive.....for the type of hunting i do i like to stalk so i like the shorter bow and a lighter one

Old 01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Site Bouncer

Millard,

If you like the bow then there is no reason to ask what others think. That's the problem with most, they worry about what others think. Browning like all other well known bow manufactures make solid reliable bows that just plain work and work well. I have shot nothing but Browning compoundsand I have been shooting bows longer than you have been alive (even if you doubled your age!) Are they the best out there? I don't know and I really don't care. Why haven't I changed brands over the years?.....no need to. Every Browning I have ever picked up, shot where I was aiming (after sighting in) time after time after time. What more do you really want in a weapon?

Is the F5 Tornado a good bow? Yep, it's very similar to my Rage One.They both use the same cam (ignitor 6)except the F5 has a shorter AtoA,has a slightly shorterbrace height8 1/4 vs 8 1/2 and is more deflected than the Rage One. Isit accurate? Yes but remember "accurate" is a relative term. One persons definition of accurate may be different that the next. But I think most will agree it is more accurate that the majority will ever be able to shoot in their lifetime, including myself. You can put most bows in a hooter shooter and it will shoot an arrow in the same hole time after time, so it all boils down to the archer.

Not every bow will fit everyone the same, although I think that is a little over rated. I have yet to shoot a bow (in my draw length) that didn't "feel" right and I couldn't shoot it accurately. Some I liked more than others but I shot all just fine. A perfect example: My Browning Blood Brother (dual cam, 40in AtoA short brace height) feels, draws and shoots WAY different than my Rage One (Single cam 36in AtoA long brace height) but I can shoot them both just fine and feel confident with either at the range or in the woods.

So don't worry too much about your choice in bows, if YOU like it then that's all that should matter because like I said, most of the major well known bow manufacturers today make a pretty good product. Rest assured it will do what you want,when you want it to.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dadgummit, John, that's two outstanding posts you've written in as much days!