Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I took the mathews challenge....and...

Old 01-18-2006, 10:19 AM

Default RE: I took the mathews challenge....and...

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

This post was oviously wasnt asking what bow to buy but basically taking a shot at Hoyt which is okay, wether his comments are true or not is another question. I have to say after shooting all of the top of the line bows, Mathews, Hoyt, BowTec, etc etc they are all GREAT bows period, they have few flaws or slight variences in feel, vibration, noise and speed. It basically comes down to what feels best in your hand when shooting it like its been said many times. Yes Hoyt Trykons suck and should be used as boat anchors but its nice to have a dual purpose bow [:@]
Either your statement contradicts itself and opens a wave of hypocrisy, or you jumble along with an attempt at a joke. Either way, I am glad I am not bowhunting in your neck of the woods....
Old 01-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either your statement contradicts itself and opens a wave of hypocrisy, or you jumble along with an attempt at a joke. Either way, I am glad I am not bowhunting in your neck of the woods...
If you didnt get that I was joking or throwing some sarcasm in, then I appolagize Coyotestalker, my bad I guess. But I do have toquestion your reply? One individuals statement or reply,judges your entire perspective and outlook on a person, in which you didnt even get my reply to begin with andare nowmaking such an irrational and final judgement on a person, and from that youwould not want to hunt near me? Seems pretty prejudiceand short judged to me but if that makes you feel better than I'm happy for you. You sir are welcome to hunt with me on any of 4,000 plus private acres I hunt anytime.PM me and come on up, we still have until the end of January to hunt and when you leave you can post a reply regarding your not wanting to hunt in my neck of the woods when you get home and see if you still feel the same way. Have a good day
Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 AM

Sarcasm or whatever, I'm in Southern DE and I'll come over to hunt with you on your 4000 private acres. Should I bring corn?

P.S. I shoot an 06 Allegiance if thats OK
Old 01-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let's see... 4,000+ private acres... I'm typing in mapquest as we speak to see how long it will take me to get there...
Old 01-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My door is always open for some of you guys that dont mind hunting in my neck of the woods ...... PM me if you want tocome over, up, down, whatever the case may be,and lets see what we can do if your serious for this year (only 2 weeks left so if its this year you better get moving)or plan for next season.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:50 PM

Back off Greg / MO - you've already got a sweet setup. - Mr. PRO! Just kidding man! Actually, if you see this, I've got a sight setup question you could help me with in the tech section if you don't mind. As for the acreageand hunting - I've got a 27 Grady center console, if you like to run offshore...
Old 01-18-2006, 12:56 PM

Hooray! My first hijacked post! Woohoo!
Now I feel like a full blown member of the comunity
Old 01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Diesel77, you suck and I wouldn't want to hunt near you. I am planning on hunting your 4000 private acres with you now just to see if I am right.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:37 PM

Seems to me, after reading alot of things here on different bows
that it comes down to Three: Mathews Swithback, Bowtech Tribute
and Hoyt Trykon. I of course, as any reasonable person would, choose
the Mathews. I've had may Mathews starting way back on the z-max, Q1, MQ2, ect.so I quess there is some brand loyality here. Years ago
I fell into this same trap with my old "favriote" High Country bows. Begining with my old Sniper I always bought High Country. Many years
and many High Country's later I ended up with some of the worst I've ever owned by sticking to one brand. I say, read everything you can about ALL bows, talk to people about ALL bows, and shoot as many as you can.
Then decide for yourself which is bow for you. If your comfortable with itand can shoot it accurately,,,, it's the bow for you,,,
Brand names means NOTHING except to the company taking your money!

Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a 27 Grady center console, if you like to run offshore...
Now THAT would be cool! Know any place to stop and get some fresh lobster while we're at it?

And I'll go look for that thread in the tech forum in case I missed it; don't remember which one you're referring to...

Is that hijacked enough for ya, trembow?

Quick Reply: I took the mathews challenge....and...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.