Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop aways

Old 01-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Drop aways

How much difference in fps would there be between a drop away and a whisker biscuit. Well what im asking is how much slower would the whisker biscuit be
Old 01-16-2006, 04:46 PM

Default RE: Drop aways

1-3 fps if that. Not enough that you would notice that is for sure.

Paul
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a whisker biskit and I can't really notice any difference in speed or accuracy.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally, i wouldn't shoot a biscuit anyways. Everybody knows my standing on them anyways. go with the drop.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

why doesnt anyone like the whisker biscuit? what do people find wrong with them i would really like to know
Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cougars, I think this thread will about cover it :

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1241114
Old 01-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Site Bouncer

If set up correctly you will notice a 1-3fps loss between the drop away and the newer style Whisker Biscuit, not even enough to notice. Both have their "pros and cons" and both will work just fine for hunting. I have been using one (W/B)for years and It has never failed me once.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

yes, let us avoid opening the biscuit can. I've had both drops and biscuits, I like drops. read the thread and you'll see why I am not specifying
Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never shot with one but I would think they would have to cost you more than 1-3fps. Just pulling the vanes thru by hand there seems to be alot of resistance. Besides, it would also seem that the whisker biscuit would generate some unwanted noise.

I have a rip cord fall away rest and love it.

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

why doesnt anyone like the whisker biscuit? what do people find wrong with them i would really like to know
Old 01-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

There are some that like the WB. There are more that don't. I think you'll find the most technical answers against will lean toward dislikes of noise, fletching contact etc. Those in favor say it's easy and accurate. Well, ANY rest is accurate if you set it up right. WB lovers tell you to modify it this way and trim that way and it'll be fine. ME, I like to buy something that doesn't need remodeling to work. The reason the fall away type rest have gained such ground is that they come as close as we've ever been able to come to the ultimate.."ZERO Fletchcing contact, perfect flight". The whisker bisquit takes it in the other direction. I'm almost old school in that I don't want fletching contact and I want perfect flight. I say almost because I love the new fangled fall aways. Some are better than others, but most all give improved performance and arrow flight. Many offer arrow capture capability that the WB is about all it has going for it.

Quick Reply: Drop aways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.