Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop aways

Old 01-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Drop aways

WB lovers tell you to modify it this way and trim that way and it'll be fine.
I think that was more prevalent with the older style (all black) biscuits. None of thenewer style (Brown/black) biscuitsI have ever put on my bows needed anything more than just setting it up right. It is key however to put the correct size opening biscuit on your bow for the size arrows you are shooting. They come in many different sizes now and you need to choose the one that is right. If you do that, you willfind no fletching damage, minimal speed loss (1-3fps) and it will be as accurate as any other hunting rest on the market today.....No modifications needed.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used a "capture rest" like a WB, it was made by NAP and called the QuickTune 360. It was ok. My only problem with it was wearing out the prong rest due to friction of carbon arrows.

With the drop away rip cord, contact is no longer an issue.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I think that was more prevalent with the older style (all black) biscuits.
Maybe, but if you check the replies in the thread recommended in the beginning.... they all talk about trimming, changing arrows, changing fletching type or length etc. Buying a WB is not simply changing a rest for most. At the very least it's more restrictive to what your options are for change.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I think that was more prevalent with the older style (all black) biscuits.
Maybe, but if you check the replies in the thread recommended in the beginning.... they all talk about trimming, changing arrows, changing fletching type or length etc. Buying a WB is not simply changing a rest for most. At the very least it's more restrictive to what your options are for change.
It's possible but I still think most people's problems are with the wrong size opening for the arrows they are shooting.When I first switched from the all black biscuit to the newer style ones, everything was fine except slight wave in my fletchings....No biggie I put on quality vanes and the problem was solved.

Well, whenI got my latest bow I purchased another W/B for it but the only size thay had was the large. I had been using the medium because I thought thatwas what I needed. But the pro shop only had the large opening biscuit so I putit on to see how it would shoot. I also purchased a dozen new arrows (Beman ICS 340camo hunters)and they were fletched with the cheap vanes the shop had in stock. Well right off the bat I could tell there was a difference. What little drawnoise I had with the other bow was now even less. After getting it dialled in and shooting perfect, I put a few hundred shots through it and there was no vane damage at all. Since then I have shot thousands of shots and still no vane damage. Again this is with cheap 4in vanes.

If you read the package I think it's a little confusing as towhat sizeto use. I THOUGHT I was buying the correct size in the pastbut I wasn't. I think most who have W/B problems are doing the same thing.

It's either that, or I bought Jack's magical Whisker Biscuit.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

i can honestly say ive never had any problems with mine for the two years ive been using it-no accuracy problems,no fletching trouble and especially no noise im not sure how you can get noise out of that thing
Old 01-17-2006, 02:30 PM

I have put a few on for people and I just don't like the way they set up and adjust is all. Great rest for stalking probably. Me I would rather have a cheap prong wrest than a WB but that is only my opinion.

I have three drop aways and three prong rests. I have also tried that silent roller rest or whatever it is, I forget the name. I took it back after a week. I think I want to try a bodoodle next.

Paul
Old 01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Dominant Buck

They'll all work. It's all a matter of choices and likes and dislikes. If you like it use it... you ask others opinions.... You'll get 'em all and you won't like some of them. It's also a matter of tolerances. What some find great, I find falls short. What I think is great..... well heck, you know it's great.[8D][8D][8D] As a very sweet lady was fond of saying, "It's suppose to be fun".
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 PM

As a very fun lady was fondof saying"It's suppose to be sweet"
Old 01-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

..... and especially no noise im not sure how you can get noise out of that thing
If there is contact, there is noise. Pull an arrow thru it and give it a good listen.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

but as fast as its going when it goes thru the bristles it doesnt matter i mean if a deer is gonna spook its not going to be solely on the (sligth) noise a whicker biquit makes when you draw its gonna be mainly based on other things