Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've done my part!

Old 01-16-2006, 04:25 PM

Default I've done my part!

Well, I've always been in love with bowhunting. Right now I'm 17 and in high school but most of the people here rifle hunt and would never consider bowhunting. I've gotten a quite a few to switch over though or are at least thinking of starting. Last year, I talked one of my friends into trying bowhunting and he went for the first time this year. He didn't get anything but he still loves it. Then this year, I've talked 2 of my other friends into buying bows. They just bought them last week and I went out shooting with one of them today and he absolutely loved it. We shot for over 2 hours and even when I wanted to leave, he still wanted to stay and shoot for as long as he could. We also brought another friend with. He didn't have a bow with but we let him shoot ours and he said that he's thinking about buying one now, too. Also, I've talked to a couple of other friends and now 2 more are looking at buying bows. So I've helped the sport reach more of the kids my age and I'm glad that I'll have some kids my age to talk about bowhunting with now.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I've done my part!

Sounds good PSE, there is power in numbers.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great! That is the same thing in my area. I love having friends shoot with my. I also gun hunt as well though.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Good for you. New shootersare good for the sport.