Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How can you sit all day?

Old 10-16-2002, 08:29 PM

Default How can you sit all day?

Some people say that they get out at their stands at dark and dont get out of their stands until dark. What do you do all day? You cant just watch the woods for that long...no way..

Forever Hunter
Old 10-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How can you sit all day?

Like NIKE says "Just Do It!" Last year paid off when I did that. I only sit all day durring the rut. Thats when "anytime is a good time to be in the woods."
Old 10-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I am hunting at home in PA, unless the rut is close and I am on a big buck it is hard for me to sit on stand all day.
But when I go out to Illinois to bowhunt the rut, I have no problem sitting from dark till dark! Just thinking about what could walk by at any time keeps me there without blinking an eye.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 10-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Lots of things like read, watch tv, take a shower, spend some time in the old hot tub, take a nap, If the wife goes..... I listen to her,lol.
I have several ground blinds/tree stands set up. I some times still hunt while changing a blind. I do not change very often and I do read and yes sometimes I cat nap but not in a tree stand. If I feel like im getting sleepy I get down.
Rick

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-17-2002, 06:06 AM

I stay busy watching for deer, you never know what you might miss.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:09 AM

I n my opinion alot depends on the day. If there are alot of sightings then i do not move, but if its slow then i will go in for a while.

Hunt on Hunt hard Eat well
Old 10-17-2002, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually can't hunt all day in one stand. If I do, I have to get down for about an hour. Usually though, I have morning spots that I like and evening spots. My morning spots are usually based on ease of entry and are usually down looging trails not too close to fields. My evening hunts are ussually a little harder to get into and are closer to a field (around 30-100 yards).
Old 10-17-2002, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I spend the entire year looking forward to deer season. There are few places I would rather be. Sure sometimes I doze off, eat a snack, hay in my opinion there is nothing wrong with watching "...the woods for that long" - In fact I enjoy it.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:13 AM

It is not easy sitting all day. For me I found that doing isametrics
with my legs and calfs and feet help keep the muscles from cramping and also keeps me warm, also my butt cheaks will cramp so I just try to change my weight on each cheeck when they cramp. You may try to stand up slowly, for awhile that also helps. But dont give up the fate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.