Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Too Much Noise

Old 10-16-2002, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default Too Much Noise

I have been hunting out at my uncles farm. This past weekend some guy is cutting timber in a BIg way. All kinds of noise is comming from the ajoining property. It seems that it has scared the deer off as we have not seen one animal all day Monday. My question is should I continue hunting the property? Will the deer return even though the cutting is continuing? Should I move over a few miles and hope the deer are going to be there? Your words of wisdom PLEASE. Thanks in advance.
Alan D

Old 10-16-2002, 09:31 PM

Default RE: Too Much Noise

are they cutting with chain saws? or the "big" equipment? loggers here take thier guns with them because they see so many deer.i seem to see a fair amount when i'm cutting fire wood. i also had a hot air baloon go over me one afternoon,low enough to see the girls watch on her arm. got my first , an 8 point 10 minutes later. good luck
Old 10-17-2002, 06:08 AM

Default RE: Too Much Noise

If you can move away a bit I would, wouldn't worry about moving too far away from them though. Had a hunting buddy growing up and his father was a logger...guy took more deer than anyone I knew.