Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about the switchback

Old 01-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: question about the switchback

ORIGINAL: Trembow

The 06 Switchback XT ATA is 31"
The 05 Switchback ATA is 33"

They also now have the 06 Switchback LD supposedly for Long Draw lengths...it's ATA is 33"

I just bought an 06 SB XT yesterday (although I think some random yahoo just called me a sucker for doing so on my other post .... weird...)

The only annoying thing is that I went with a trupeep, and it takes a good 75 shots or so for the barracuda string to supposedly "stretch-in" so that it doesn't twist anymore. After 40 shots or so it seems to have settled in well, for now, and the peep comes back almost square almost every time. Supposedly this will improve.

One other thing that I don't like is that my drop away rest has to be attached to the cable. I didn't really like having it tied to my cable slide, I like this a little less. We'll see how that holds up though.
Your Kaz-a-way will be fine attached to the cables, don't fret it at all.

As far as limb issues go, they are few and far between on those bowsfrom what I've seen at my local shop, and I'm there 3 or 4 nites a week. The only issues with the SB's that I've seen are the servings on the cables wearing on longer draw length bows.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.
Thanks Mikey! Don't get me wrong I'm tickled pink with my new bow, I just was a little disappointed with how that hooks up.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

I have never shot one personally so can't add much other than I have heard that they are...or were having some significant problems with the limbs. Don't know if it's factual information, but maybe worth investigating if you're gonna spend that kind of cash.
Best of luck and let us know what you decide.
Craig
Since the bow just came out, the XT, I can't see how there's been enough time to even notice any limb problems. Might need to check you source on that one
Old 01-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Mikey! Don't get me wrong I'm tickled pink with my new bow, I just was a little disappointed with how that hooks up.
The guy at my local shop sells piles of those rests, and installs them on piles of Mathews bows, and I've never heard anyone complain of any problems.If for any reasons you have an issue with that rest, shoot me a pm, I know a guy who reps for VBG.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:38 PM

The 06 Switchback XT ATA is 31"
The 05 Switchback ATA is 33"

They also now have the 06 Switchback LD supposedly for Long Draw lengths...it's ATA is 33"

I just bought an 06 SB XT yesterday (although I think some random yahoo just called me a sucker for doing so on my other post .... weird...)

The only annoying thing is that I went with a trupeep, and it takes a good 75 shots or so for the barracuda string to supposedly "stretch-in" so that it doesn't twist anymore. After 40 shots or so it seems to have settled in well, for now, and the peep comes back almost square almost every time. Supposedly this will improve.

One other thing that I don't like is that my drop away rest has to be attached to the cable. I didn't really like having it tied to my cable slide, I like this a little less. We'll see how that holds up though.

As far as limb issues go, they are few and far between on those bowsfrom what I've seen at my local shop, and I'm there 3 or 4 nites a week. The only issues with the SB's that I've seen are the servings on the cables wearing on longer draw length bows.

The ATA of the switchback LD is 33 inches! The same as the origanal
Switchback!!